New Orleans, LA

Posted April 18, 2013
Xavier Prep has a wonderful climate that fosters leadership and sisterhood. Students leave from Prep with a sense of confidence in their abilities to excel in whatever areas they choose to pursue.

Posted December 07, 2012
How dare anyone say that there are public schools better. As a Xavier University Preparatory High School graduate I can assure you, I was prepared from stem to stern for everything I was to experience in Washington, DC when I was graduated from THE PREP. If you prefer to send your child to a public school, then do so. But do not come on here and discourage anyone from sending their daughters to the greatest, all-young lady, all-African American, ALL-CARING, ALL-LOVING, ALL-EDUCATING school that is XAVIER UNIVERSITY PREPARATORY HIGH SCHOOL.

Posted March 19, 2009
prep is an okay school, but some public schools are better than xavier prep. sometimes i can't see why I'm paying six thousand dollars to send my child to prep knowing she can get an better education at a public school. However, prep is okay if you have the money and the time to waste; mainly the money.

Posted July 23, 2008
I remember when i came to Prep it was August 2005. It was my freshmen year and yes i was scared. It was all new to me. When Hurricane Kartina came i was a sad because I was starting to get to know Prep and see what the education that I was going to recieve. I remember when I received my Big Sister. I currently attend Xavier Prep and will be an upcoming Senior. I hope i recieve a Little Sister and bring her places and do sisterly things. I am excited that my Senior year is here and I cant wait for it to come. Yes, Senior year is going to be hard & sad but, i know the one school i got my education from and that's Xavier Prep!

Posted June 27, 2008
Xavier Prep has been an excellent choice for our girls. The administration and teachers are easy to reach, and always ready to help. The school does a good job preparing the young ladies for future educational opportunities. The academic program is challenging, and the sports programs helps to build confident, well rounded studebt athletes. My girls could have gone anywhere, but we chose Xavier Prep. It has been a great experience.

Xavier University Prep School (Girls) 2

Posted March 28, 2008
Parents, be very selcetive when you are choosing a high school for your daughters. Prep is not 'academically' what it used to be. They seemed to be more in tuned with extra-curricular activities while academics are ignored. Some teachers are not qualified to teach some subject areas or choose not to teach. The students love the social environment of the school, but know they are not academically challenged. Also, the school as a whole is unorganized and communication between staff and parents is lacking. I hope it gets better.

Posted March 25, 2008
This is the best school in the world!...Im am a student there and i encourage you to sent you daughters here. Its a great school...one of the best.

Posted September 14, 2007
Xavier Prep has consistently produced community leaders in New Orleans since its earliest days as a co-ed prep school for minority students. The present principal, Carolyn Oubre, was acknowledged by Bill Bennet and former US President Ronald Reagan as producing the most successful AP English curriculum in the US in 1986. The number of students who proceed from Xavier Prep to top-tier Universities is staggerring. When one considers that the vast majority of the students at XUP come from middle-class and working class backgrounds, the accomplishments of this institution begin to appear almost miraculous. Today, the student body is single sex (female)and many of the seniors are allowed to attend Xavier University in New Orleans for concurrent enrollment. The AP program at XUP is outstanding. Additionally, the music program (including voals and marching band) are second to none and the level of parental and community involvement is amazing.

Posted July 15, 2007
The best school i've ever been to. I'am a student there and once you've enter the doors of prep, you are apart of the sisterhood. It is so much you can do there. The band is one of the best in the city and we're well known around the united states. My favorite thing at prep is moving up. Its a emotional time , a time for happiness, a time for sisterhood , a time when i as a student feel happy about what i've accomplished throughout the year . There is too much i have to say but if you send your daughter here, your making a wise choice

Posted April 13, 2006
The administration is strives to help each student to excel. As an alumni, I would strongly recommend any parent considering an excellent high school to enroll their daughters into this exceptional institute for girls.

5116 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA  70115
Last modified Xavier University Prep School (Girls) is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Xavier University Prep School (Girls) Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top