Posted May 08, 2015
We have been at the school for 5 years and love it. It has provided a challenging and loving environment for our child. He has made lots of friends, his French is excellent and he is thriving in both art and music. We especially like the fact that this school is fully accredited by the France educational system. Ecole Bilingue is also on the verge of expanding its footprint and adding a middle school. We cannot say enough about this cool little school, the wonderful teachers, the caring admin and its deciated parents.

Ecole Bilingue De La Nouvelle-Orleans 2

Posted December 07, 2014
We really wanted to love this school; but I am just not impressed. The public schools have much more to offer in terms of cleaner and better equipped campuses, more staff on hand to assist the children, and more challenging curriculums. EB is more focused on expansion than the needs of its students and they don't address the concerns of the parents at all.

Ecole Bilingue De La Nouvelle-Orleans 1

Posted June 22, 2011
After Hurricane Katrina, in spite of the fact that we were wiped out financially and forced to move to another state, this school kept our tuition money. "Tough Luck" They replied.

Posted June 01, 2011
We don't love everything about EB, but, having been at another private school, I understand that it is impossible to be completely happy with anything all the time. Every concern is valid to someone and should be handled with the utmost respect and considered valid when those complaints concern a child until a resolution has been reached. Even though I have been annoyed in the past with both teachers and administration, it has always been my experience that while I might be irritated with someone or the workings regarding the school, my child has always been in a wonderful, nurturing, and safe environment.

Posted June 01, 2011
We have 3 children at Ecole Bilingue and could not be happier. We have attended Ecole Bilingue for 4 years. The attention that is given to each of our 3 children's different learning styles, personalities and social needs is invaluable. They truly look at the individual. It is safe and kind environment at the same time challenging. We are confident with the education they are receiving. We have been to other bilingual schools and nothing compares!

Posted May 31, 2011
We are so impressed with this school and have had a great experience. The teachers are wonderful and dedicated to the children and the teaching techniques are creative and challenging. And to hear our kids speak beautiful French is the ultimate reward. Worth every penny.

Posted May 31, 2011
Ecole Bilingue is a breathe of fresh air! A true hidden gem! I have looked at every private school in New Orleans! I believe with all my heart that Ecole Bilingue offers the best education in the city, state, and one of the best schools in the country! Academically you can not find a better school! The teachers and principal are outstanding! I receive weekly emails updating me on what my three children will be learning. I love the attention to detail. My children are thriving! They are also learning to read and speak French fluently. My children are also learning Spanish! Amazing school! If you believe in private education then this is the school for you and your children! EB is a wonderful family! I am sad to see another school year come to an end!! If you love your child then look at EB for your family! It is incredible! --Submitted by a parent Posted on May 31, 2011Report it

Posted May 31, 2011
I am so Grateful for this school and the opportunities it presents. It is fabulous in ALL respects. The teachers, location, art, language, attitude and LOVE it gives my children. I"ve have 3 children and my children are doing well and So..... Happy. And of course that is what matters most!!!! Thank you EB.

Posted May 30, 2011
My daughter has been at Ecole Bilingue for the past 4 years and I have been extremely satisfied with the results. She can read proficiently in both English and French after 1st grade (CP). The curriculum is somewhat unique, as EB has taken the best of the French system and adapted an English course of study to it. I particularly appreciate the integration of art, music, and physical activites into the coursework. What strikes me perhaps most is the family environment. The school has just under 200 children and I feel that I know many of the families, personally. The parents and staff are open-minded and tolerant, fitting well the culture of New Orleans and the way that I want my daughter to carry herself. Bilingual education isn't a fit for everyone, but Ecole Bilingue provides a nuturing, academically rigorous, and socially conscious environment for children to become citizens in our increasingly global society.

Posted May 30, 2011
We are an expatriate family with 3 children who have lived in New Orleans since 2006. For those of you reading the reviews of this school with a view to making one of the most important decisions any parent can make, let us ensure you that the standard of education provided by Ecole Bilingue (EB) is second to none. We have 2 children currently enrolled at EB and while the option to learn a second language is a clear differentiator, all the other subjects taught as part of the school's curriculum are taught to a standard we have not encountered in any of the other schools our children have attended. We strongly believe that what you get from EB is teaching of the highest calibre in an environment that is not only diverse, inclusive and nurturing but also incredibly creative. Undoubtedly a key component of the school's success is the close involvement of it's parents in both the day to day running of the school and the decisions that are made regarding it's focus and future direction. The overwhelming majority of reviews you'll find below couldn't praise Ecole Bilingue enough, and there's a simple reason why.....it really is a GREAT school.

Ecole Bilingue De La Nouvelle-Orleans
821 General Pershing Street, New Orleans, LA  70115
Last modified Ecole Bilingue De La Nouvelle-Orleans is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
Ecole Bilingue De La Nouvelle-Orleans Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top