Dr. M.L.K. Charter School For Science & Tech. 1

Posted June 08, 2013
I am a former student of this school, and in 7th grade I began to realize that this school is not the best in the city. The staff have terrible attitudes towards both parents and students. There is little if any professionalism inside of the main office. However, the part that truly got to me was how they were so desperate to keep students at the school. Every time I walked into the office I was constantly questioned as to whether or not I was going to keep attending the school for high school, to which every time I said no. At the end of the year when I tried to get my documents to attend another school they constantly said I wasn't on the roster and that my grades were not in, to which they told me to come back next week. When I arrived with my parent that next week they said the exact same excuse. My parent was not going to walk out of the school without my documents, which they realized. The went over to the printer and seemed to have magically found all of my papers, printed them out, and gave them to us. This truly made me never want to walk into this school and have to deal with these people ever again. If you were recommending this school, only consider it as a last resort.

Dr. M.L.K. Charter School For Science & Tech. 3

Posted October 30, 2009

Dr. M.L.K. Charter School For Science & Tech. 5

Posted October 19, 2009
It is a excellent school, my child attends the school and I love the school. Mrs. Hicks is a wonderful principal.

Dr. M.L.K. Charter School For Science & Tech. 0

Posted June 21, 2008
My child attends MLK Charter and it is an excellent school. The Principal is very well known and liked by all parents. She stern, but very nurturing to the children. This school encompasses excellent staff memebers that enjoy teaching. I am very proud to say that my child attends this school. Satisfied parent

Dr. M.L.K. Charter School For Science & Tech. 5

Posted November 28, 2006
Since my child hae attended this school she has learned alot and has improved in all her studies. She even does her homework with no problem. I thank the teachers very much because they care and took the time out to help my child improve in her studies. My child now wants to participate in the schol dance team and even wants to learn hiow to play the flute. Her teacher sends a progress report every Tuesday and she is improving. Some of the grades show that she does need help, but she is willing to make it. One day a week we sit in her room and I try to go over some problems that she don't understand. She even gets excited when she has P.E. I have never seen my child be so excited to go to school and want to trell me how they do things in class.

Dr. M.L.K. Charter School For Science & Tech.
1617 Caffin Avenue, New Orleans, LA  70117
Last modified Dr. M.L.K. Charter School For Science & Tech. is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dr. M.L.K. Charter School For Science & Tech. Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top