Public charter
New Orleans, LA

Andrew H. Wilson Charter School 1

Posted July 24, 2014
To be honest, this school was not learning anything. The teachers would just give up on the kids when they were upset. The school was just a mess. That is why the school grade letter is so low. I Don't prefer for anyone kid to go to this school. The teachers and the principal and the teacher talk to the kids any kind of way. Please Don't send your child her.please bring ms Thomas or ms Connie back because Logan is not fit to be a principal.

Posted April 25, 2014
my school is the best school ever anyone can come here it is great . great teacher and students . its the best school ever.we have fun here at the w.

Andrew H. Wilson Charter School 4

Posted February 01, 2012
Andrew Wilson Charter is a great school! it has been recognized as a 5 star school. My grand kids started there in 2006 after returning home to the city after Hurricane Katrina. The Principles during that time Ms.Sheila Thomas, then Ms. Connie Young were both involved Principles who knew the children by name and worked well with the parents. There is always parent involvement at the meetings and many activities. The new Principle Mr. Crowe is also involved and caring. Ms. Walker's position has been very positive & helpful to us. We have had positive interactions with all their teachers both in person & via phone on a regular basis during almost 6 years now.

Posted October 08, 2011
My two daughters came to Andrew Wilson Charter School this year after attending a public school in North Louisiana that was considered "great" by most accounts. Wilson has been a breath of fresh air for us. It is a beautiful campus, AWESOME staff (I mean absolutely AMAZING), wonderful administration, and a very respectful student body. We couldn't be happier with our decision. I encourage you to come down to Broadmoor and take a look. And PS: Ms. Tyson in 1st grade and Mr. Crowe (the principal) is so enthusiastic it's contagious.

Posted September 21, 2011
Im a parent with 2 kids that love going to wilson every day , this school is wounderful n every way , from the teachers, to the new principal . I have never encountered any problems my kids have been going to wilson for the last 4 years. i love wilson and i would recommend this school .

Andrew H. Wilson Charter School 0

Posted March 22, 2010
This school is very unprofessionally run and staffed. Inadequate teacher knowledge as well as training. Does not prepare your child for the next grade. Nonvisible principal. This a free for all school eventhough it has a good reputation in the community.

Andrew H. Wilson Charter School 0

Posted December 14, 2009
My daughter has been going to Wilson for a couple of years. Only this year, third, have we encountered problems. The teacher has no classroom management and apears to be clueless each time I or my daughter pick the child up. Would not recommend this school for lots of reasons though.

Andrew H. Wilson Charter School
3617 General Pershing Street, New Orleans, LA  70125
Last modified Andrew H. Wilson Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andrew H. Wilson Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top