Bad
Good

College prep isnt really a bad scholl jst very strict to prepare scholars for the real world,it allows us to talk in hallways now they jst wanted to know if we were mature enough for this....they do give after scholl activites football,basketball,etc..at least you and your kids can know they are getting a quality education and i have been attending nocp for two years now and it has been a good experience

My son attends this school and I am very disappointed on the 'college prep' tactics this staff tries to inforce. I went to college and graduated..... I dont ever remember being treated they way these children are treated. If your student is 'smart', please dont subject him/her to the children or the staff at this school. Your child will surely be ridiculed for being different and harrassed by the teachers for being so inquisitive! This school offers no extra curricular activities, enrichment programs or an outlet for the students to build lasting relationships or blow off steam after sitting there for hours on end being pounded with school work. i mean.... everyone deserves a break to break the monotony of it all!

I currently go to New Orleans College Prep and to tell you the truth,I DONT LIKE IT.Its my 1st year(and only year)here and i regret coming here.The discipline is super tough.That school worries so much about walking in lines and not talking in hallways,they dont even realize our future is on the line.When we do something bad,we get sets(muliplication time tables),go to bootcarm,or be forced to take home our SUSPENSION PAPERS.I am definately not going back next year.I reccomend u dont send your children here.Take it from someone who experiences it everyday.

I totally agree with the first parent, the staff was very misleading about what their intentions were for the students. Now I am a firm beliver in dicipline, but this school takes it to another level. I have a child that has never had any dicipline problems, but the rational for the teacher's punishment is that the good has to suffer for the bad. The quality of the student has alot to do with the quality of the parent, and if you are looking for your child to make good quality friends. this is not the school for them. Some parents are totally out of control, and sometimes with good reason. The schools stresses the importance of college, but it seems like they're preparing them for the military.

Last modified Nola College Prep Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.