Bad
Good

My son attended Arthur Ashe for 2 years. His last year I learned he was bullied and picked on by several students and teachers. I thought this was a good school but I learned looks are deceiving. I really think all schools should have a 0 tolerance with bullying. Parents please get involved with your child/children because I almost lost my kid and it all steamed from his peers

I have found Arthur Ashe to be a top school in the public school system. My child is currently attending her third year there and although the first year was a little scary because the organization was lacking (which I feel was more because the school just moved into it's new building) it has been growing into a wonderful school. Prior to Ashe my child went to a Catholic School and I found Arthur Ashe offers a quality education as well as other great classes like cooking (with their own little kitchens), karate, tennis, etc which is what the catholic school lacked. The 4 star rating is because I think they should offer a foreign language and they do every once in a while have communication errors (which is actually getting better).

So far I am pleased with this school. The staff seems to be extremely genuine and cares about your child's education. They do a well job at keeping you informed about anything in regards to your child or the school. They have a beautiful new building located on Gardina Street in Gentilly.

Last modified Arthur Ashe Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.