Langston Hughes Academy Charter School 1

Posted March 13, 2015
My son has attended this school for 2 years. Lha has lots of fun recreational activities , but academically is not a good school. The teachers that my son had for the past 2 years seem like they have no passion for teaching. I can barely get in contact with his teacher and she gave all parents her personal cell #. So it shouldn't be that hard. There are lots of fun activities at the school but no room for tutoring programs. This year at open house his teacher felt the need to tell us all about her personal trials and tribulations , plus she labeled all of the kids in the class at risk youth. I was there to hear about what she could do to help my child excel, not have him labeled or hear life stories. Last years' teacher was supposed to give me a call to speak about my son and how he was doing academically but instead she was more interested in calling me to ask if he was going on a field trip. If you want your child to succeed don't send them to Langston Hughes Academy unless you don't have a choice.

Langston Hughes Academy Charter School 5

Posted March 31, 2014
my school is very engaging and determined to get work done. The teachers try their best to get kids focused and they are determined to get the student past college and the world beyond.

Langston Hughes Academy Charter School 3

Posted August 14, 2013
The school is ok, but sometimes staff has a very paternalistic attitude towards families. The school is very testing focused, without a lot of time for developing other skills such as art or time for physical activity

Langston Hughes Academy Charter School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
LHA is the most engaging K-8th school in New orleans. In fact the network of Firstline schools are the basis of why this school excells adding on to the LHA leadership team. The teachers are the hardest working group I have ever had the chance to work with in my lifetime as an educator. We are significantly improving with new strategies and programs each year and is evident by our students scores and happy dispositions.

Langston Hughes Academy Charter School 5

Posted May 28, 2013
My school is great we have lots of fun but also get our work in. We have lots of talent at our school a lot of people at my school can sing,dance,rap,and is gifted with intelligence.

Posted October 16, 2010
School Garden, outdoor classroom, reading and writing focused and hands on Learning.... An amazing place!!

Posted October 10, 2010
I love that everyone is working towards student achievement and all of our decisions our based on the mission and values of the school.

Langston Hughes Academy Charter School 4

Posted October 10, 2010
I love Langston Hughes Academy because the staff and scholars value academic excellence and character traits. It's not enough to exceed academically, you also have to work towards being a better person.

3519 Trafalgar Street, New Orleans, LA  70119
Last modified Langston Hughes Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8
Langston Hughes Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top