Bad
Good

My son has attended this school for 2 years. Lha has lots of fun recreational activities , but academically is not a good school. The teachers that my son had for the past 2 years seem like they have no passion for teaching. I can barely get in contact with his teacher and she gave all parents her personal cell #. So it shouldn't be that hard. There are lots of fun activities at the school but no room for tutoring programs. This year at open house his teacher felt the need to tell us all about her personal trials and tribulations , plus she labeled all of the kids in the class at risk youth. I was there to hear about what she could do to help my child excel, not have him labeled or hear life stories. Last years' teacher was supposed to give me a call to speak about my son and how he was doing academically but instead she was more interested in calling me to ask if he was going on a field trip. If you want your child to succeed don't send them to Langston Hughes Academy unless you don't have a choice.

my school is very engaging and determined to get work done. The teachers try their best to get kids focused and they are determined to get the student past college and the world beyond.

The school is ok, but sometimes staff has a very paternalistic attitude towards families. The school is very testing focused, without a lot of time for developing other skills such as art or time for physical activity

LHA is the most engaging K-8th school in New orleans. In fact the network of Firstline schools are the basis of why this school excells adding on to the LHA leadership team. The teachers are the hardest working group I have ever had the chance to work with in my lifetime as an educator. We are significantly improving with new strategies and programs each year and is evident by our students scores and happy dispositions.

My school is great we have lots of fun but also get our work in. We have lots of talent at our school a lot of people at my school can sing,dance,rap,and is gifted with intelligence.

School Garden, outdoor classroom, reading and writing focused and hands on Learning.... An amazing place!!

I love that everyone is working towards student achievement and all of our decisions our based on the mission and values of the school.

I love Langston Hughes Academy because the staff and scholars value academic excellence and character traits. It's not enough to exceed academically, you also have to work towards being a better person.

Last modified Langston Hughes Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8