Bad
Good

Miller McCoy is on the come up its one of the better charter schools in NOLA Miller McCoy Alumni 2012

As a former, occasional, substitute teacher at Miller McCoy Academy, I did see some of the incidents that some of the parents are speaking about but unfortunately, some of these behaviors are going on at other schools as well. However, I do think that these young men want to learn and need structure, guidance, support, professionalism in faculty and staff, people who care about them, and most importantly, they need to be educated. I think that the parents and students should demand that their school culture be changed. It sounds as though many parents/students allow this negative school atmosphere to exist and do very little to nothing about it. They do not hold the administration & faculty accountable to the young men at Miller McCoy Academy, and this is a huge disservice to the students, to the community, and to God. What I saw when I was there for a little while, were young men who could be educated if only there were a more positively structured and loving environment. Yes, some of the young men come from challenging backgrounds, but they are smart and deserve the best of everything, beginning with a quality education.

This is the worst school ever. I am sorry I sent my son there. The many fights and bullying reported is true. Some even try to beat previous records of the most fights in one day as reported by my son. The biggest bully there is the principle Keith Sanders who curses and yells at the boys.Please do not send your sons to this horrible place.

This school has a great motto "one man one family" but can't stand on that motto. I felt like I let my son down by sending him their. The school was like a prison and not just in looks. I saw first hand what my son and many others incountered. I challenge anyone that has a child now or thinking about sending their son their to look before you leap.I took off from work for 4 weeks to see what my son was talking about. Yes, it was so true I cried, from changing for P.E outside on ,could see,to no tissue,soap, or paper towel in restroom,disrespect the teacher with me as a parent standing in the classroom,fool language to all staff in school and on the bus, no order , and the teachers are tried too as they quite from all grade levels.i can give my opinon b/c I've been their and saved my child from the madness .Just look past the telemarketing and professionals b.s and miller mccoy is a breeding ground for trouble.

Great School??? I think not! There is no consistency in the running of the school. There are many fights. The test scores are low. The academics are not challenging. The leaders are impersonal dictators and the atmosphere is not welcoming. How on earth did they make it on a "Great Schools" website???

Miller-McCoy is not a good school if you really care about the progress of your child. My son hated every second there. He was made to take classes that he has already taken and passed because they didn't offer the advance courses he needed. They staff doesn't return phone calls and I have been trying to get transcript for months now. The school has lots of violence and my child never felt safe there. I would tell anyone to avoid that place at all cost. I regret falling for all the big talk that suckered us in.

This school is horrible.My son goes there and comes home and tells me about all the fights that happened & all the kids getting bullied.Please DO NOT send your child to this school.

Last modified Miller-Mccoy Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.