Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Sci Academy 1

Posted September 18, 2014
This school has the most stupidest rules ever. The two rules that are very stupid to me are as follows: 1) you can not wear a "colored" undershirt it has to be black or white , my thing is that they should not be looking at what's under your shirt, what's under your shirt is your business, that's so shady to me. 2) The phone rule is absolutely stupid, if your phone is in your pocket and they happen to see the outline they are taking it, if it falls out of your bag they're taking it, and if it goes off they're taking it. When they confiscate your phone they take it for a long time, and their policy is that if anything happens to your phone they're not responsible for it. That is absolutely not right on so many levels. Sci also will sideline you for anything and I do mean anything. Sci pretends to be a "good" school but they're so wrong their rules suck , the food sucks, and I don't like them at all. I would not recommend anyone to bring their kids here to Sci. It's like being in prison with a good education.

Posted October 23, 2013
I came to Sci with low standards for myself. Sci teachers and staff showed me that EVERYONE can go to college if you want to. I am a senior this year at Sci and I plan on going to a private college and Sci is making sure that I have all the money I need to go all four years. I love Sci and I feel like no matter what your background is as a student. With hardwork and dedication you can succeed. ! The teachers praise you and raise you up and that is something I love about Sci. I started off being in the middle with grades and with Sci I have become one of the scholars in the top 10 of my class. Furthermore, they give you many opprotunities to become a leader. We have ambassadors and student government. I am cheer captain myself, however you can also be apart of the sports teams and clubs we do have. I highly reccomend Sci Academy to anyone stuggling with school, or someone wanting to challenge themselves. I LOVE SCI!!! C/O 2014 !

Posted September 20, 2013
This school is really awesome! This is my 3rd year at Sci, and since freshman year. I wanted to switch school because I thought this school was really strict. As the years go on, I had more experience with the students and teacher. They give me so much strength each day before I step off the bus in the morning. I can go to school with a negative behavior and as soon I get off the bus, my mood change really quickly because one simple action. I end up continue going to this school and I will finish my senior year at Sci Academy. The staff at this school show so much love and kindness to all scholars because when one rise, we all rise! Any students can come to Sci with a low reading skills or etc, but we will all go college. We set goals that is alittle complicated because they want us to challenge ourself. They are preparing us for college success. I am Sci Academy class of 2015! :) I love Sci Academy!

Posted August 22, 2013
Awesome and wonderful school I've seen on the wed site and from my daughter. May you never stop reaching for all your goals and dreams.

Sci Academy 4

Posted August 22, 2013
This school is dedicated to academic excellence through the use of evidence base educational practices. The students are surrounded by structured, nurturing, supportive, environment that is conducive to exceeding their educational goals. I was very impressed with the level of commitment by the educational staff'.

Posted July 20, 2013
The teachers take the time out with the students that is neaweded so that why I think they all are awesome! !!!!

Posted May 08, 2011
This is an awesome school. The teachers are very caring and don't give up on your kids if they have a problem. I highly recommended!

Posted November 08, 2010
Excellent school, Amazing dedicated teachers and staff. High standards commitment to students success and no excuses. Building tremendous parent and community involvement.

Posted September 13, 2010
This school is exceptional! The teachers give over 100% to the students. Every teacher is caring and kind. The school involves and welcome parents participation. This school is the best school I have ever sent my child to.

Sci Academy
5552 Read Boulevard, New Orleans, LA  70127
Last modified Sci Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sci Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top