Bad
Good

Math and Science is a great school. The teachers and the rest of the staff genuinely care about students and want them to succeed. The school is now under FANTASTIC new leadership from former NOCSM teachers who understand the needs of their students and are willing to work with them to help them excel. With the Sci High administration becoming more stable this school can only get better. There is a great AP program, and the teachers work very hard to make sure students are prepared for AP exams (that all Sci High students get the opportunity to take for free) at the end of the year.

My kid excels here the teachers care about the students, only complaints i hear about is the cafeteria food.

Sci High is an open admissions charter school that believes every student can learn, has the right to a great education and the opportunity to attend college

This is my first year at Math and Science and I love it. I'm a Junior and all of my teachers are amazing and my grades have imporved drastically.

I never would have been accepted into Northwestern University in Ill. if it were not for NOCSMHS. The teachers give personal attention to every student and truly care about their future.

The teachers that teach at the school are amazing!! Most of them have graduated from the top universitys in the country, their learning methods are easy to understand (and easy to absorb the knowledge). I am so grateful to have attened and decided to ctay at this school. I have compared this school to other schools in neew orleans and I couldnt find one that would provideme with the opportunities that this school has. They have helped me tremendously on finding scholarships, providing me with resources to internships for the summer, extensizve preperation for college, and as much as the teachers care about you succeeding it makes you want to learn and actually 'absorb' the material they teach, to use in everyday life. I recommend this school to everyone!! =]

The teachers work with the students to help them understand the material. This is the greatest school in New Orleans by far

Math and Science is such an amazing school. the teachers are way involved with the students learning, and one of the best things, is the text books are used as less as possible. learning is more interactive. I love it.

I am a 2003 graduate of Science and Math. I am graduating early from college and I have accepted a +47k job offer in Houston thanks primarily to Microsoft Certifications I received while attending Science and Math's technology academy. When employers saw the credentials I had attained in high school they were nothing less than stunned. It is my understanding that few high schools have certification programs of any type so I urge parents to send their children to N.O.C.S.M. to provide one of the best opportunities they may come across in their entire lives.

Last modified New Orleans Charter Science And Mathematics High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.