New Orleans, LA

Posted January 27, 2014
I really love this school my daughter is in Pre-K and she is reading and writing and she can spell alot of sight words. This school is very organized and the Principal is Mrs.Smith is Great with the students, parents, and staff

Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary School of Literature & Technology 4

Posted September 26, 2013
If you are looking for quality education for your little one, this school is it! This is my daughter's first experience in a structued class setting and she loves it and I love that! My daughter is in Pre K @ Bethune and she has learned so much already! Each day she is excited about going and excited at the end of the day to fill me in on what she's learned and done! Her teachers are very attentative and the principal Mrs. Haynes-Smith is Awesome! She has a great spirit and wants the best for her students. I am aproud parent of a Bethune Eagle!!!!!!!

Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary School of Literature & Technology 4

Posted September 16, 2013
Bethune is a great school if you are seeking a good education for your child overall. My experiences have been pretty good. I would recommend Bethune to my family and friends. I am a grandparent who has grandkid(s) attending this great school. I have referred family and friends and would still recommend this school to anyone who is looking for quality great education for their kids.

Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary School of Literature & Technology 1

Posted September 15, 2013
Stay away from this school. You will find teachers with primitive methodologies. Our son studied last year there and he had the worst experience you can imagine.

Posted January 10, 2013
Bethune is definitely a well hidden secert. It's not only a safe environment, but the principle and the teachers truly care for the children there. They do a great job enhancing the academic foundation of each child. Oh and CHECK out their scores!

Posted August 22, 2012
I am extremely proud to send my daughter to Bethune Elementary to attend 2nd grade. Last year was the best school year she's had since she began traditional schooling. The teachers are excellent instructionalist and are nurturing and caring at the same time. The atmosphere is non-threatening for parents and we are encouraged to participate in many school activities. Hats off the the teachers, staff, students, principal, custodial staff, and cafeteria workers! You are the BEST!!!!

Posted June 08, 2011
Another great year at Bethune and my daughter is on her way to her 3rd year there. What an awesome public school that is known to be Orleans Parish best kept secret. Mrs. Smith is an awesome principal as well as her teachers and staff. We will be equally excited for the up in coming school year as my son will be entering pre-k. Looking forward to another rewarding year. Thanks Mrs. Smith; Teachers and Staff for giving 100%!

Posted December 14, 2010
I recently moved to the area and had to rush to find a new school for my daughter. Since it was May, I was left with very few options. I found Bethune and luckily they had an opening. This year has been a wonderful experience. Her teachers are great, the academics are outstanding, and the principal makes the children feel very loved.

Posted October 13, 2010
My son is in his second year at Bethune, he transferred from Stuart Hall school for boys with is a high end expensive private school. I must admit I was originally concerned with the transfer but we had some issues at Stuart Hall regarding him not being treated fairly. He was accepted into Baby Ben and Bethune, after taking a tour of Bethune I called Baby Ben and cancelled the tour. Bethune is an excellent school with great leadtership, the teachers and administration all have the common goal of educating the kids and push them to the limit which I appreciate. My son loves his school and his teachers. He is challenged and has homework everyday and I can see his confidence and growth. There aren't many schools like this in New Orleans especially public. I am an advocate of edcuation & am blessed to be a part of Bethune

Posted June 08, 2010
I AM A PROUD PARENT OF TWO BOY THAT ATTEND BETHUNE ELEMENTARY. THIS SCHOOL WAS NOT FIRST ON MY LIST OF SCHOOLS TO SEND MY CHILDREN TO. I AM SO GLAD THAT I CHOSE TO SEND THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE BEING CHALLENGED ACADEMICALLY EVERYDAY. THE FACULTY AND STAFF ARE WONDERFUL AND THEY MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE FAMILY EACH AND EVERY TIME YOU GO THERE FOR ANYTHING. THE ONLY NEGATIVE THING I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS SCHOOL IS THAT IT NEEDS TO GO AT LEAST TO THE EIGHTH GRADE CAUSE I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS SCHOOL AND I AM REALLY GOING TO MISS BETHUNE WHEN MY OLDEST SON GETS PROMOTED TO THE SEVENTH GRADE, WHICH HE HAS BEEN ON THE HONOR FOR THE WHOLE TIME HE HAS ATTENDED THIS SCHOOL.

Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary School of Literature & Technology
4040 Eagle Street, New Orleans, LA  70118
Last modified Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary School of Literature & Technology is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary School of Literature & Technology Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top