Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I graduated from Benjamin Franklin in 2006 and the experience was wonderful. The professors were highly qualified and taught student both book and common sense. There was a distinct emphasis on values and doing the right thing. As my professional career progresses, I owe a lot of my success to this institution. When I tell someone I attended Benjamin Franklin, I am often greeted with the same reaction..."Wow, you must be smart!"

Outstanding. Top school in Louisiana. Two Presidential scholars in 2015-NO other school in Louisiana whether public or private or parochial achieved this accomplishment. Produced outstanding graduates. Superb preparation and class offerings. Ranked as #52 of all public schools in the United States by US News and World Report. Outstanding in every category.

My son and I experience at Ben Franklin was a horrible one. By the time Ben Franklin put him out over 1 point my son was discouraged and felt like a failure. They expect you the students to have no need to be taught. They treat you as if , since you got in then you should know the work. Your kid is nothing more than a number to them. They have no tolerance for the kids that has to be taught. My sons freshmen year he had physics, no middle school in New Orleans teaches physics, so why believe this is something he should know. Before attending Ben Franklin my son never received anything less than an A, by the the time they kicked him out he was barley passing to the next grade. Thank God my son got into a school that welcomed him with open arms, now he has all IB classes and has recently scored a 28 on ACT practice test. What Ben Franklin needs to understand is that a lot of these kids come from failing schools and still needs to be taught. Even if they don't come from failing schools they still need to be taught. Come on Ben Franklin, you have all these high scholar teachers. Let them teach. But know this with or without Ben Franklin my son will go on to be something great. Oh yeah, your fees suck!

Very Expensive, Freshman fees of $750 and upwards, Busing is not provided. Staff not very communicative with parents.

My daughter is a Freshman now. It is by far the most challenging school she has ever attended. My experience so far is that the teachers are both very tough and caring. Many kids, my daughter included, have been spoon fed so much that this school can be quite a shock. If you have a high achieving child, who is a self- starter, then no other school compares as far as college preparation is concerned.

I had a great experience at this school. Yes, it was hard, but I appreciated the challenge because it made college seem like a snap and now attending law school is not overwhelming like other students find and again I'm willinglly taking this challenge as well. I think if students are having difficulty learning at the school, they either aren't ready to do the work... Or if they are, they should get a tutor. If the student made it to the school, they deserve to be able to get extra help to succeed. It's all about study methods and taking the time to learn the material. All of my teachers cared about my well being. Most of the teachers when I went there graduated with a doctorate degree and are extremely intelligent and qualified. That's why this school is ranked 16th in the US. Like I stated before, I'm in law school and I don't ask for my professors for help until I have a specific question. They don't have time, nor do I expect them to have that time, to spend explaining a concept that I should know of I just do my work. Franklin prepared me for teaching myself and with that, I gained the self confidence to not limit myself in my expectations for the future. Go Falcons!

Benjamin Franklin is over rated. The students must come to Ben Franklin fully educated because the school teachers will not teach your child. If your child does not know the subjects, the school will put them out instead of teaching the child what they are lacking or failing in. The school only wants students that will help keep the schools GPA at a high level to be rated as a great school. Now is that really a great school? If you cannot contribute to the over all GPA (SCHOOL STATUS), then you are out of Ben Franklin!! You can be one point away and the school will not help you. Benjamin Franklin suppose to be a charter school that receives public funds from The Orleans Parish School Board provide public funding to Ben Franklin and allows the school to put out Orleans Parish students with out giving them a probation year. Even colleges give probation time. To put it simple, Ben Franklin does not want you if the student needs to be educated, actually taught something by the teachers or time spent with the student by the teachers. I have seen a teacher ignore a student asking a question about Physics that was being discussed at that very moment. The teacher just ignored my son. WOW

I graduated from BFHS and I can honestly say that after successfully completing my four years there, college was nothing new. BFHS is nothing less than an excellent college prep school. The classes are comparable to if not more challenging than typical college classes. BFHS offers a very challenging program and just being able to complete it offers many rewards after graduation. Colleges and employers hold high respect for BFHS graduates. Although I graduated from LSU, the fact that I graduated from BFHS impressed my current employer and was one of the reasons he hired me. The curriculum is tough and stressful, but if you can muddle through it, many will be impressed by the fact that you are a BFHS graduate.

I graduated from Benjamin Franklin in 2012. I can truly say that I was prepared for college. College feels like a piece of cake and is very similar to the atmosphere I had in high school. While Franklin is very challenging it is well worth the outcome in the end.

Benjamin Franklin HS is the most incredible HS that I have ever experienced to include the ones I was in during my lifetime (in Minnesota and Korea). BFHS is truely a college prep school in every sense of the word. The teachers are educated beyond any standards you would find in any Highschool and are constantly researching and learning new techniques to keep up with the education spectrum in the USA and abroad. I would like BFHS to dip into more Engineer based classes so the students have deeper knowledge in the field of science/math. Latin also needs to be a full two year credit as it does not just add to basic understanding of most roots of languages but touches on all the core subjects that our students study over the reach of their lifetime.

Last modified Benjamin Franklin High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.