Public charter
New Orleans, LA

Posted December 04, 2014
Great school community! Teachers are attentive to the needs of the students which motivates them to excel.

Posted June 18, 2011
The school is all about learning, but in a fun way. The only thing I didnt like about that school was that I complained daily about the way the lunch tatse. Everyone is friendly; your child will make a friend must likely on the first day. The teachers not only teach you math social studies. science, reading, writing, and langugage they also teach disapline and great manners.

Alice Harte Elementary Charter School 2

Posted July 27, 2010
Over all the teachers are great. They really work towards student participation and being a community of learners. The new principal is a joke. You can never get a hold of him. If you need to speak with him you need to set half the day aside to sit in his office and wait for him to talk to you. He seems to have a lot of ideas but no way of making them a reality. nearly every middle school teacher quit on him this year, this says a lot. The middle school students need more consistency in their disciplining. They are really doing as they please which is very disruptive to the classroom. I would think twice before sending my student here for middle school.

Posted January 22, 2010

Alice Harte Elementary Charter School 0

Posted November 09, 2009
This is my child first year at Alice Harte, I enjoy her teacher, and I know she is getting want she needs. I hope things continue the way they are, and she will be there for the nest eight years. a parent whose child is in Mrs. Junot class

Alice Harte Elementary Charter School 3

Posted November 01, 2009
i think the school needs to improve with some of the students and teachers.me,a student does not think that the some teachers are not treating students as they are supposed to. i wish the school was the way it was before.

Alice Harte Elementary Charter School 0

Posted October 15, 2009
Alice harte has room for improvement. The principal seems to change all too often. Mr Crowe would have made a very good leader for the students but it was not my decision to make. A school is only as good as its principal. Think about this.

Posted May 12, 2009
i love alice harte i think it is a great school i'm glad after hurricane katrina alice harte excepted my child i want her to finish thier until 8 grade great shool.

Alice Harte Elementary Charter School 2

Posted November 07, 2008
My kids have attended Harte before Katrina.I have seen good staff leave parents take their kids out due to the unprofessionalism starting from the top.The principal is not in control of her school,numerous parents agree that I have spoken to.Her assistant principal is in control and she is a major part of the on going problems at the school,you have a few good teachers that are outstandind and keep the school a float.That is why my kids still attend. I am considering taking my kids out for 2009.The office staff needs to be cleaned out.And our principal should take control of the school .The school has gone down since Katrina.It was never the way it is now,people bought homes in the area just for Harte it was required to live in the area for your kids to attend,in 2005.Well to sum it up,Id like to be

Posted October 29, 2008
Alice Harte has afforded a great educational oportunity for my son. Prior to the storm my son and daughter was in a school slated for take over by the State. My son was reading below level, and failed the Leap in 2005. My son did well with school work , (3.4 GPA) but did not test well. My has attended Harte since the 5th Grade, he is now an 8th grader and with the help of an awesome staff he is reading at level 8.1. Alice Harte's faculty and staff are totally committed to their students. Awesome Job!

Alice Harte Elementary Charter School
4422 General Meyer Avenue, New Orleans, LA  70131
Last modified Alice Harte Elementary Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alice Harte Elementary Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top