Bad
Good

Posted October 23, 2013
I am a senior at Edna Karr and I love it soo much!!! Ever since my senior year, Edna karr has been improving drastically!!!! And i am proud to admit that I attend Edna Karr Highschool Class of 2014!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 04, 2013
I've attended Karr since 7th grade in 2003 and graduated in 2009 I loved the school and the teachers were great . I felt I received a great education and had fun while getting it. There was never a dull moment and everyone is always there to help

Edna Karr Secondary School 1

Posted June 01, 2011
I recently interviewed at this school. I was not considered because I was considered "too high" a level of thinking, and the students are not well behaved. Apparently, students have "problems" and are not capable of higher level of thinking is what I walked away from the process. I was told that they use profanities directed at the teachers, and administrators have problems keeping teachers. Neighborhood is depressed since Katrina. After Katrina, the school went towards open enrollment.

Posted March 02, 2010
My sons were former students at Karr. My oldest was a 2005 graduate. Unfortunately, Hurrican Katrina prevented my youngest, who was in 8th grade at the time, from continuing at Karr. We relocated to San Antonio, TX. Karr has given my son the background to continue to achieve as an honor student at Byron Steele High School. My son, Sheldon McClain is a class of 2010 student who has graduated early. I do remeber while at Karr (7th Grade) Sheldon tried out for the football team and was not chosen by Coach Foret. When we got to TX (8th grade) they quickly picked up on his talents. He has been extremely successful academically and athletically, which has earned him scholarships to numerous Division 1 Universities. He his presently enrolled at the University of Oklahoma ( Go Sooners). Karr HS-thanks for the start.

Posted December 31, 2009
i love this schoool my student has special needs and they actually care unlike are last school in nyc

Posted October 06, 2008
i love edna karr! i know everyone there because we all grew up together! the teachers are amazing and they know what there doing! i love and always will love edna karr! im a senior this year and it's gonna be da best! Mz.504

Posted June 16, 2008
I went to Edna Karr before the hurricane and loved it. Right now I'm in the 11th grade and wish I can go back. The way the taught us new material was unique and understandable.

Posted April 28, 2008
Edna Karr is an Excellent College Prepartory School. The Karr experience produces well rounded individuals who work hard and play hard. My daughter is in the Gifted Program, she enjoys the challenging curriculum. She is also a member of the schools dance team, and is looking foward to joining some the clubs on campus.

Posted March 05, 2008
i am a proud 2003 graduate of this school. although Hurricane Katrina has changed some things, I truly feel that my alma mater Edna Karr is one of the greastest high schools in new orleans.

Posted September 05, 2007
OMG!!!! I sooo LOVE my school!! We don't really have that much fun, but we make our own fun... Karr is a great school if you want to learn and prepare for college.

Edna Karr Secondary School
3332 Huntlee Drive, New Orleans, LA  70131
Last modified Edna Karr Secondary School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edna Karr Secondary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top