Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Agree

Students in that school had impacted their learning careers. One person who learns in class on the pride board in the cafeteria but beyond a mirror aside the line when we get our lunch was very long. They were actually students who were pride in them.

Effective school leaders: Agree

The school apartment is very big that each student fits in each class. The cafeteria in the morning always serves cereal in the and different lunch in periods. The classes are technically sometimes fun and good as always. These people just make their own rules. In front of the building, we all stand in the line going to the police aside the metal detector while he drags our book bags one at a time and one a time under the metal detector. School was wonderful and grateful to us in school.

Develops character: Agree

Students are prideful and now full of energy talking and chatting with their friends in the morning and afternoon. The students had some fights in classrooms and then a food fight on a special day. I don't know how I saw or heard of a food fight in the cafeteria since going over there. Students are very attentive to other people more often than everyday.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers can provide help if you don't know the answer the questions that they teach you on the board as always. One teacher told us the world is gonna end consequently we had a fight before that day started off nice and easy. The teachers are simple and relieve other days or sometimes all the time. Their just great.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The school is love telling to d homework because they make us go to any college if we make a GPA 24 or higher. After we make the score extra higher we can now be out of school for the rest of our life. Graduating until Class of 2018.

So I like that school because I can be better if I study and do my ACT practice test every day and the same goes for the book, too. Everyone at that school had a cougar fest this year 2016. It was fun and great. I gonna be graduating in 2018 in Karr in 2 years.

I am a senior at Edna Karr and I love it soo much!!! Ever since my senior year, Edna karr has been improving drastically!!!! And i am proud to admit that I attend Edna Karr Highschool Class of 2014!!!!!!!!!

I've attended Karr since 7th grade in 2003 and graduated in 2009 I loved the school and the teachers were great . I felt I received a great education and had fun while getting it. There was never a dull moment and everyone is always there to help

I recently interviewed at this school. I was not considered because I was considered "too high" a level of thinking, and the students are not well behaved. Apparently, students have "problems" and are not capable of higher level of thinking is what I walked away from the process. I was told that they use profanities directed at the teachers, and administrators have problems keeping teachers. Neighborhood is depressed since Katrina. After Katrina, the school went towards open enrollment.

My sons were former students at Karr. My oldest was a 2005 graduate. Unfortunately, Hurrican Katrina prevented my youngest, who was in 8th grade at the time, from continuing at Karr. We relocated to San Antonio, TX. Karr has given my son the background to continue to achieve as an honor student at Byron Steele High School. My son, Sheldon McClain is a class of 2010 student who has graduated early. I do remeber while at Karr (7th Grade) Sheldon tried out for the football team and was not chosen by Coach Foret. When we got to TX (8th grade) they quickly picked up on his talents. He has been extremely successful academically and athletically, which has earned him scholarships to numerous Division 1 Universities. He his presently enrolled at the University of Oklahoma ( Go Sooners). Karr HS-thanks for the start.

Last modified Edna Karr Secondary School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.