Public charter
New Orleans, LA

Posted October 23, 2013
I am a senior at Edna Karr and I love it soo much!!! Ever since my senior year, Edna karr has been improving drastically!!!! And i am proud to admit that I attend Edna Karr Highschool Class of 2014!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 04, 2013
I've attended Karr since 7th grade in 2003 and graduated in 2009 I loved the school and the teachers were great . I felt I received a great education and had fun while getting it. There was never a dull moment and everyone is always there to help

Edna Karr Secondary School 1

Posted June 01, 2011
I recently interviewed at this school. I was not considered because I was considered "too high" a level of thinking, and the students are not well behaved. Apparently, students have "problems" and are not capable of higher level of thinking is what I walked away from the process. I was told that they use profanities directed at the teachers, and administrators have problems keeping teachers. Neighborhood is depressed since Katrina. After Katrina, the school went towards open enrollment.

Edna Karr Secondary School 4

Posted March 02, 2010
My sons were former students at Karr. My oldest was a 2005 graduate. Unfortunately, Hurrican Katrina prevented my youngest, who was in 8th grade at the time, from continuing at Karr. We relocated to San Antonio, TX. Karr has given my son the background to continue to achieve as an honor student at Byron Steele High School. My son, Sheldon McClain is a class of 2010 student who has graduated early. I do remeber while at Karr (7th Grade) Sheldon tried out for the football team and was not chosen by Coach Foret. When we got to TX (8th grade) they quickly picked up on his talents. He has been extremely successful academically and athletically, which has earned him scholarships to numerous Division 1 Universities. He his presently enrolled at the University of Oklahoma ( Go Sooners). Karr HS-thanks for the start.

Posted December 31, 2009
i love this schoool my student has special needs and they actually care unlike are last school in nyc

Edna Karr Secondary School 1

Posted October 05, 2009

Posted May 19, 2009

Posted April 06, 2009

Posted March 17, 2009

Posted February 24, 2009

Edna Karr Secondary School
3332 Huntlee Drive, New Orleans, LA  70131
Last modified Edna Karr Secondary School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edna Karr Secondary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top