New Orleans, LA

Posted August 01, 2014
I had withdrawn my daughter from a local private school during the 2012-2013 school year and enrolled her at McMain. That was one of the best things I could have done for my child. The curriculum at McMain is superior and comparable to both public and private schools across the nation. The administrators show concern for the students and I was truly impressed as both a parent and citizen of New Orleans. I would also like to commend the teachers who I have also found to be dedicated to the success of the students and concerned. As a New Orleans native I am also pleased that McMain has not allowed their school to become exploited and commercialized by transplants who arrived post-Katrina. Congratulations, McMain!

Eleanor Mcmain Secondary School 2

Posted November 26, 2012
MS. FRICK, Please come back! The staff needs your professionalism and your leadership. Ohh, how the school has changed, not for the betterment of the school either. The acting Assistant Principal, Ms. Skidmore, is no replica of you, NOT EVEN A PINCH. The school's rating is being reflected upon the head of the school and ITS NOT GOOD! THE ENTIRE SCHOOL NEEDS YOU!! PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!

Eleanor Mcmain Secondary School 2

Posted November 26, 2012
Ms. Frick was the reason why I wanted my child to attend McMain. She was firm, she disciplined, and most of all she cared about ALL her students. It's obvious she didn't have a say in appointing her staff. I've never witnessed women, who are suppose to be professional, act so ignorant in my life! They have no telephone ethnics, they can't hold a sensible conversation with parents, and most importantly they don't listen! Ms. Skidmore runs McMain like she has no pride in the school at all! Students are always in the hall, they curse like sailors in the presence of parents and teachers, and she condones the actions of her staff when they're blatantly wrong! Ms. Horn is the most ignorant secretary in the entire school system and Ms. Henderson needs to actually teach her students and not bring her kid to school as if it were a nursery! The school wreaks of mold and mildew and Ms. Frick can't return until the conditions of the school improves. No, McMain hasn't always been like this, but it's reputation has been tarnished since Ms. Frick's departure. Too bad my child won't be there when she returns. Ms. Frick, you're deeply missed. GET WELL SOON!!!

Posted November 05, 2012
Teachers are very rude & have attitude porblems. I AM A STUDENT at McMain & I have experinced first hand of their attitude & the princpal the same mind-set has the teachers. Students aren't friendly at all, do not know how to treat eachother, work is harder;; but going to get extra help after school, is not an option since I went before & I didn't get the help I needed. Teacher sat on computer & on phone. She answered my questions vaugley & without much detail to what I need to know.

Eleanor Mcmain Secondary School 3

Posted June 15, 2012
I have to agree with the post on August 11, 2011. I could care less about Little Wayne, but the poster on October 24, 2011 is speaking of an entirely different McMain -- pre-Katrina. My son attends, and if I could pull him out, but we just don't have that many other options. Not only are the teachers loud (ok, not ALL of them) but I have seen the principal in action, literally going off on a parent. It was very unprofessional. The caliber of students is not the same as it was, the metal detector at the front door is alarming, to say the least, and my husband, who is a graduate of McMain is shocked to see how much the school has changed. So, the "facts" for Oct. 24 and Aug. 11 can be completely different, but both correct.

Posted January 08, 2012
This school is not what it used to be. This is a disgrace to all Mustang pride in previous Alumnis

Posted October 24, 2011
BEFORE YOU TRY TO TARNISH MY ALMA MATERS CHARACTER, PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT...THIS IS DIRECTED TO THE PARENT WHO SUBMITTED ON AUGUST 11, 2011. LIL WAYNE DID NOT GRADUATE FROM MCMAIN BUT HE DID GO THERE UP UNTIL 8TH GRADE. WHILE ATTENDING, HE WAS HELD TO THE SAME STANDARDS THAT ALL STUDENTS ARE AND MAINTAINED THAT EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE THAT HAS ALWAYS SET MCMAIN APART. HE WAS A STRAIGHT "A" STUDENT WHILE THERE, BY THE WAY...AND AS HE HAS SHOWN THE WORLD, VERY TALENTED..I AM A VERY PROUD MEMBER OF THE CLASS OF 2000 AND I WENT ON TO GRADUATE FROM AN IVY LEAGUE SCHOOL. I HAVE A VERY SUCCESSFUL CAREER. MY CLASSMATES ARE THE DOCTORS WHO YOU SEE WHEN YOU ARE SICK, THE LAWYERS YOU GO TO FOR LEGAL ISSUES, THE SCIENTIST WHO DEVELOP THE MEDICINE YOU ARE PRESCRIBED, AND THE NURSES WHO ARE CARING TO YOU. YOU JUST DID YOUR DAUGHTER A GREAT DISJUSTICE. I HAVE LIVED ALL OVER THE WORLD, ALL BEFORE 30. MCMAIN ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE A SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE.

Posted August 11, 2011
This is where Lil Wayne graduated from... Think about that. terrible teachers, students are rowdy and have absolutely no manners. I took my daughter out of this school after 2 months.

Posted January 06, 2010

Eleanor Mcmain Secondary School 0

Posted December 03, 2009
The school is very nice all of the students are focused and they are all ready to succeed and go on with there lives they want to make something of there lives the teachers are awesome and the really get into the lesson i love this school and im sure the other kids do as well

Eleanor Mcmain Secondary School
5712 South Claiborne Avenue, New Orleans, LA  70125
Last modified Eleanor Mcmain Secondary School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eleanor Mcmain Secondary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top