Mount Carmel Academy (Girls) 1

Posted March 12, 2014
When I first heard about Mount Carmel, I thought I am definitely going there. Then I had my spend a day. My tour guide kept leaving me behind and I couldn't catch up to her. The hallways were not really filled with laughter and joy but either way I still went here. Honestly I think it was the worst mistake of my life. People bully others and girls do things that they shouldn't. My cousin even suffered terribly there. I honestly don't think it's the school for me anymore.

Posted January 13, 2014
I attend Mt. Carmel and I absolutely love it! I met so many new friends here. At first, I was really scared to go to an all girl school because I thought that there would be so much drama, but there actually isn't really any drama here at MCA. Also at MCA there's so many fun events such as spirit day, but at the same time we learn a lot. The school can definetly be challenging at times, but it's manageable. If I could pick another high school to attend, I would still pick MCA!

Posted September 06, 2013
I am a graduate of MCA, and I really can't say one truly negative thing about my school. I'm from an average, middle class household, and i never experienced any of of snobbery or bullying that is being suggested in the comments. The school has so much to offer, and the faculty and staff are truly dedicated to helping each girl be the best she can be in every aspect of her life. Of course, things aren't perfect. There may be an occasional bad teacher or mean girl, but I don't know of a school without these things. The curriculum can be difficult at times, but that is a part of high school, and I've found that working this hard in high school has prepared me for college, as well. MCA is also very focused on spirituality. I wouldn't be the Catholic woman I am today had i not gone there. I am incredibly proud to tell people where I graduated from, and I hope that if/when I have girls, they will choose to go to MCA as well.

Posted April 01, 2013
This academy is the best private school in Louisiana for girls. Taught in the Catholic tradition with academic excellence as the aspiration while still providing multiple opportunities for all. The school values and protects its rich tradition and diverse opportunities for all. The leadership at Mount Carmel is stellar. Mount Carmel, is led by Sr. Camille Anne Campbell, whose guidance has made MCA the academically superior choice. I highly recommend it if values and education are both important characteristics sought in the education of your child.

Mount Carmel Academy (Girls) 3

Posted January 11, 2013
The girls are fake and there is a lot of superficial and materialistic people in that school. To belong, you have to have what it takes to be like the rest of the girls there. If you don't, you're not going to feel welcomed.

Posted April 15, 2012
I attended Mt. Carmel from 2001-2005 and I loved every minute of it. Was it challenging? Yes. Was I stressed out sometimes? Yes. Did I always get along with every girl there? No. However, those are all normal parts of high school. Students are suppose to be challenged! It helps them learn how to work hard and achieve goals. When I attended MCA there were approximately 1200 girls in school there. You aren't going to get along with every. That is just a part of life. I think that is an important lesson to learn early on. That being said, I made some of the best friends I'll ever have during my time at MCA. I found the teachers to be extremely interested in our progress and in our well-being. However, they do not baby you. If you are struggling they expect you to seek them out for help. There is ample time throughout the school day and after school to do this. I never had any problems with getting help from a teacher when I needed it. I am now a teacher can appreciate how much work goes into creating an environment like the one at Mt. Carmel. Sr. Camile Ann is an amazing woman and role model and I wish I could work for a principal like her! She believes in her students and staff!

Posted January 05, 2012
I'm a student here, and it's amazing. People who complain about it being too stressful are just not working hard enough!

Mount Carmel Academy (Girls) 1

Posted May 19, 2011
I went to Mount Carmel for 2 years during high school. I had never been exposed to such catty, snobby, and bullying behavior by fellow students. Several of the teachers saw this behavior and did nothing. Those two years were the most stressful times in my early years. I will never recommend anyone send their child to a school that handles bullying by sweeping it under the rug. It is sad to say that I had been looking forward to my years at Mount Carmel but quickly changed my opinion of this school.

Posted June 22, 2010
I have been a parent and a teacher at this school and I have never seen a school that cares so much about the success of its students. My two girls were as different as night and day, one an honor society, student council officer, involved in every club; the other a B student who was only involved in service. Both fit in and found their niche. The principal knows every student, cares about the girl, her circumstances and her family. The faculty is well trained and dedicated to making each a girl a successful person. Being a teacher here is hard, a lot is expected of you - additional training, classes, less off time than any other school. In the end it is all for the betterment of the student. You have to love teaching to work here and it shows. I am proud of what this school does!

Mount Carmel Academy (Girls) 0

Posted October 15, 2009
Wonderful group of girls at this school and makes you part of a sisterhood for the rest of your life.

Mount Carmel Academy (Girls)
7027 Milne Boulevard, New Orleans, LA  70124
Last modified Mount Carmel Academy (Girls) is a Private school that serves grades 8-12
Mount Carmel Academy (Girls) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top