Posted July 31, 2013
As a parent I was very hesitant to put my child into a school coming from daycare because I thought he would get lost in the midst. I was welcomed with all my anxiety, his teachers were Mrs. Pat and Mrs. Cue they were so warm and welcoming, It eased my mind. They addressed every concern or question I had, my son began to love school, imagine my surprise, he was given structure and goals that needed to be met. Our first year was wonderful, it was an experience for both of us. My only regret I have is that I couldn't add to the ratio of parents that were involved in the school. I have decided to commit to being involved more this school year and encourage others to do the same. Not just as a hobby but to assist in the growth o the school not just for my child but for all children. I have no complaints, we are looking forward to another year to be amazed.

Resurrection Of Our Lord School 1

Posted November 06, 2012
worst school ever please do not allow your child to attend...this school is better off being closed down.... the teachers are horrible with communication .....this school prides itself on summer school they notify the parents little to none to tell them if there child is failing...the don't focus on education their big deal is fundraising .....seem like the teachers do not care if your child succeeds or not...whatever you do do not send your child or children to this school

Resurrection Of Our Lord School 1

Posted October 26, 2011
Parents think long and hard before you even think about sending your child to Resurrection of Our Lord elementary school. They have not evolved into this century, especially where education strategies and childrens' learning styles are concerned. The kids still sit in rows and work from xerox handouts or simply turn to a page in a textbook and do part A and B. Students are not engaged with interesting activities that would promote academic achievement. This is not teaching. Many teachers are not making the material applicable and therefore more meaningful and concrete for students to understand why they are learning certain material. Some other teachers are not following a curriculum guide. There is often no direction as to what they are supposed to teach and at what time. Students would be better served in a good public school. This one is lacking on so many levels it is unbelievable. Communication is also very difficult here since they don't have a system to receive voice mails for some teachers nor emails for each teacher. Again, do your homework as a parent and look carefully before you choose this school. I wish that I had. I give Resurrection one star.

Resurrection Of Our Lord School 4

Posted September 18, 2009
I am a current student here at Resurrection. I think that this school is very good because the teachers always help you understand what your problem is and try to solve it with you. Also because I am Graduating this year, the teacher stress about highschool, they push us to do the best we can to get into good schools, especially Mrs. Comeaux, our assistant principal and social studies teacher. She tries her best to help us get into the schools we want to by visiting the schools, asking about the requirements needed to be accepted, and also makes school baskets for our annual Spring Festival. Another reason why i like this school is because certain teachers make learning and understanding really fun and enjoyable, and there are always fun events such as Movie Night. When i graduate this year, i will miss everyone here.

Posted April 22, 2009

Resurrection Of Our Lord School 3

Posted July 29, 2008
I attended Catholic School all of my life, from Holy Ghost to St. Augustine High where much of my instuction came from highly dedicated Nuns or Priests. Today, in comparison, that same dedication rarely exists particularly since fewer nuns and priests actually teach, teachers salaries are low, and unlike in the charter system, teaching qualification requirements are minimal. My wife who is certified and has an M.Ed. teaches in the charter system. You're just not going to find many teachers with these credentials in the catholic system. The Archdiocese can't afford it. I applaud the leadership of Resurrections' principal. He has done a great job with the resources available to him. Though I agree with some comments I've read about the teachers, you can't fault the entire school for a couple of bad apples. Remember, before katrina, catholic schools were tops while public schools were flops. George Temple, MBA

Posted June 30, 2008
As a student of Resurrection of Our Lord I would like to speak about my school. I have attended Resurrection the two years post-katrina and the comments that some parents and students have posted are very wrong about the school. Its a very good school they help every child . They always had a open ear if you had a problem . I would like to say that if i could go back i would they made my 8th grade year the best. I will miss all the teachers.

Resurrection Of Our Lord School 3

Posted May 25, 2008
My son is a student at this school, and while I will admit that some changes are needed, I wonder how many of the parents posting here actively participate in the school. Besides the gossiping and complaining that I encounter in the parking lot, I do see many parents volunteering around the school. My son's teacher's constantly calls on me to help her because she can not get other parents to commit. Parents should remember that we are our children's leaders. The school can be what we make it. And, according to the remarks here and the lack of presence at the school, I guess you rate the school negatively because you want to pass blame instead of build up the school and our children.

Resurrection Of Our Lord School 0

Posted May 16, 2008
This school is old school your child can be educated better in a public charter school. I am so glad this school year is finally over. All my son teacher did was complain he could never do anything right. Even though his grades were great. This school will definitely have your child with low self esteem.

Resurrection Of Our Lord School 0

Posted March 30, 2008
I would not give this school one red star. My son has been attending Resurrection for 2 years now and I am looking forward to the end of the school. I would rather stay home and homeschool him before I would send him back to this school. HIs PreK teacher did not know much about teaching PreK and his Kindergarten teacher is still giving them PreK 3 homework. The quality of this school has definitely gone down and I would not recommend this school to noone.

Resurrection Of Our Lord School
4861 Rosalia Drive, New Orleans, LA  70127
Last modified Resurrection Of Our Lord School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Resurrection Of Our Lord School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top