Posted August 30, 2014
We are very happy with St. Anthony. Our five year old is now in her 4th year at this school (she started at preschool 2) and she has developed into a bright, articulate, self-confident young lady. Friends and strangers who meet her are always most impressed with her vocabulary and deportment. Most of her classmates exhibit the same qualities and I'm sure that it is due in large part to the Early Childhood Montessori program and the dedicated teachers, staff and leadership at the school. And we are looking for even greater things from St. Anthony of Padua as it merges with Christian Brothers School in 2016.

Posted August 02, 2013
Excellent teacher to student ratio. A very nurturing Catholic environment. We feel that our child is being developed both academically and spiritually.

Posted July 09, 2012
This school needs a complete overhaul. Every aspect of the school is outdated: the faculty, the facility, the curriculum and the approach to learning. There is no PTA, no play area for the kids, very few extracurricular activities and a lack of hands on learning. There is outright favoritism and unfair assessments for students. I was embarrassed when my child was tested to go to another school at how far behind the was. The website contains no current information about what is going on at the school. The tuition is pricey compared to other catholic schools. The teacher had no control of the students.Thank God I taught her at home.

Posted March 03, 2012
St. Anthony of Padua is an excellent school for my three children. Strong traditional leadership and excellent caring teachers who instill morals and values as well as educational excellenc.. The students are treated with dignity and respect and the same is expected of them in return. The children who attend St. Anthony are polite and respectful and the staff is always on top of their game. Not only have my children excelled academicly but they have also learned how to play the piano, recorder and also sign language. The children take Spanish from kindergarten through 7th grade. I come from a family of educators and can say with confidence this school knows how to form moral leaders.

Posted May 31, 2011
I agree with several of the previous writers. I truly have a problem with any school that is not culturally diverse. Over 90% of the student body is African American and Black history month is not acknowledged. For the Martin Luther King Holiday a notice was sent home stating school was closed for a student holiday versus school was closed to observe and Celebrate the contributions of Dr. Martin Luther King. My child was in 2nd grade this year and it was truly a struggle. The curriculum needs to be redeveloped to adopt a more creative approach to learning which includes interactive learning activities for children. The current curriculum is dated and to be frankly honest is lacking especially in math.

Posted May 28, 2011
St.Antony of Padua is a great diappointment...We couldn't ask for a better principal, but there are other staff who do not work well with such a diverse group of people. There is an obvious lack of concern and attention given to all children. This year my child was in 2nd grade and I must say this has been the worst school experience of any of my children through the years. This school lack essential programs, extra curricular activities, field trips, and a decent playground for kids to play. What are we paying for? There are schools out there with better academics and other programs that cater to the whole child.

Posted December 11, 2010
I absolutely love this school. I have a four year old and a two year old each in their first year at St. Anthony's. My oldest son enjoys school so much that he often begs me to stay! That said, it is not as if they are playing around all day, they are learning and the teachers are strict but loving. My two year old is quite the handful and the teachers and principal have gone above and beyond to work with me on his behavior issues. Aside from the excellent staff, the school is extremely diverse and I have not found a school of this caliber for a better price anywhere in the city!

St Anthony Of Padua School 2

Posted March 22, 2010
I believe that the principle is the head of any good school. St. Anthony has a strong principal, but the school doesn't cater to students of diverse races. Their are no programs to inform students of their history and they dare not speak of President Obama. And if you do not have any alphabets behind ur name, your child is not treated the same. Let'sface it alot of us are average Joe parents. Money talks at St. Anthony. Most of the students have trouble in the classes and teachers offer little assistance to them. There are hardly any extra curricular activities and foreign language is a joke. I agree the 2nd grade teacher is great, but the rest of the faculty need to update their teaching style to accomadate the students that they teach. Students are graded so hard and are given little chance at success. This is our last year

Posted September 20, 2009
After researching and visiting schools in our area, we discovered St. Anthony of Padua! Our son, who had been unhappy in school his first two years in New Orleans, became engaged and happy, made friends and immediately began participating in many of the multitude of activities available. If only he had been at St. Anthony when he started school! The curriculum is constantly evolving with the times. When he graduated, he was extremely well prepared for high school academically, but even more important, he had been in an environment where he was safe, happy and had learned to value and respect others. His years at St. Anthony were wonderful for him and for us as parents. Sister Ruth and all of his teachers have been- and still are - warm and caring individuals who strive to meet the needs of each individual child. I highly recommend St. Anthony of Padua.

Posted August 24, 2009
After attending a highly-rated and nationally-ranked public school, my son transferred to St. Anthony of Padua for the 7th grade. I wish he had attended St. Anthony from kindergarten on. The school provides individual attention to all, not just the special needs or over-acchieving students. The school is diverse; the curriculum is strong; and the teachers and administration responsive and respectful when dealing with students and their families. We strongly recommend it.

St Anthony Of Padua School
4601 Cleveland Avenue, New Orleans, LA  70119
Last modified St Anthony Of Padua School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
St Anthony Of Padua School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top