New Orleans, LA

Posted May 29, 2014
SMA is not a school you want your daughter to attend. The academics are below par. The teachers are not certified and half of them don't know the proper way to teach students. They do not reach out to the children; they simply give grades based on favoritism. The sports teams are very unorganized. The clubs are unorganized, as well. The school is extremely money hungry while claiming to be the cheapest in the city. The office administration is awful. The women who work in the office are unorganized and have awful attitudes that neither parents nor students whom pay good money for tuition should have to deal with. SMA IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE. Parents, do your daughter a favor and enroll her in another school.

St. Mary's Academy (Girls) 2

Posted March 10, 2014
St. Mary's Academy is the worst school I've been to. I've been to many different high schools because of my father's job and St. Mary's is by far the worst school. The academics are below par and the teachers are absolutely useless. They merely teach the lesson, but don't engage the students. Also, the students are very rude and disrespectful. So many of the girls here curse like sailors and love to start drama. They act like Housewives. They also fight and cannot seem to be at peace with each other. PLEASE BE AWARE that St Mary's Academy uses the voucher program which ultimately lets all type of children in; it seems that these children aren't even being screened. I have many women in my family that have graduated from here and love their school, but, SMA is not what it used to be and quite frankly, it's a waste of money.

Posted February 21, 2014
My child is a student on the elementary campus and I feel there is a lack of leadership on this campus. The campus is set in modular buildings that were meant to temporarily house students after Katrina so they are falling apart. Young students are allowed to roam the campus in pairs going to the bathrooms that are in horrible condition and are not secured. They claim the students are destroying them, but if adults were supervising bathroom breaks ..... Dismissal time is complete chaos. I was excited for my child to attend this school and after 4 years of no improvement, I can not wait to get her out of this school. Every year it gets worse!

Posted December 19, 2013
My little cousin attended St. Mary's for elementary school and she received a superior education! She recently moved to MS and is well ahead of her classmates. St. Mary's has done an excellent job of educating girls and preparing for successful futures!

St. Mary's Academy (Girls) 4

Posted December 03, 2013
I am a legacy at St. Mary's Academy and so is my daughter who is a junior. My family has graduated 26 women from St. Mary's Academy, each of whom has gone on to be successful, educated women, wives and mothers. The girls continue to benefit from a college prep curriculum that ensures their ease into college life and beyond. Many return thanking us for developing them into disciplined students who are willing to contribute their time, talent and treasure to this complicated world. Our academy can improve by upping fundraising that will ensure our sustainability into the far future. We're working on that at present. i believe in St. Mary's Academy and I support the work of the Sisters of the Holy Family in New Orleans and Venerable Henriette Delille, our visionary.

Posted August 26, 2013
St. Mary's Academy provides an excellent environment for the development of the entire student, giving students a superior academic experience, access to extra curricular activities allowing for development of body and mind, and an opportunity to view the world from a faith-based perspective. It provides its graduates with the foundation for successfully completing a graduate and post graduate education, for playing an active role in one's family and community, and forming life-long friendships and professional links. I am proud to have been a St. Mary's grad and encourge others to look into attending this 146 year-old institution, whose graduates exemplify excellence, professionalism, poise, and the positive development of the whole woman.

Posted December 18, 2011
I love St. Mary's Academy. St. Mary's Academy has a great environment for young girls. The teachers respect the sentimental values of students and academic values also. I am a student at St. Mary's Academy and I am in 7th grade. Ever since middle school, I have been on the Honor Roll. The teachers will help when you have personal or academic questions. Councelors will help you when you need help with your study skills, personal problems, or problems with your friends. St. Mary's Academy has a sisterhood more than any other girls school. St. Mary's Academy cares about your education and pushes you to do good for your whole life. Once you meet your friends at St. Mary's Academy, they will be your friend for life I hope you choose St. Mary's Academy.

St. Mary's Academy (Girls) 0

Posted May 05, 2010
St. Mary's Academy has done wonders in educating young women.

St. Mary's Academy (Girls) 0

Posted September 26, 2009
St. Mary's Academy is in the process of rebuilding as much of New Orleans is. It is a very hard job in very hard times. I would ask that the community, parents and students join in building back the school. God Bless SMA. I know it is a wonderful place to learn and grow having work there for 24 years.

Posted December 03, 2008
st marys is a terrible environment and needs much much improvement to even be satisfactory.

St. Mary's Academy (Girls)
6905 Chef Menteur Highway, New Orleans, LA  70126
Last modified St. Mary's Academy (Girls) is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
St. Mary's Academy (Girls) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top