8-12|Private

Bad
Good

I am an alumni and I have 2 children at this school. As a student I experienced some of the best years of my life. As a parent I have seen my oldest grow and thrive with the guidance of wonderful and caring teachers. I have experienced bumps in the road but where will you find a perfect environment?,With every bump I have felt support from our teachers and principal. I do believe that they care. Communication can be made better as a whole but I am optimistic that things will continue to get better. I love Ursuline and I wouldn't send my girls anywhere else.

This school does a disservice to these girls. I will be the first to admit, my daughter is failing. But Ursuline is also failing her. She is the product of her environment, not mine. She does not try to do well. She has missing assignments and her grades for the entire semester have been F's and borderline D's for the core classes. But in Gym and Piano she is an A student. These two classes won't pass for any college acceptance. But at the end of the semester, she was able to get these grades out of F's and barely into the D range. Extra credit was the helping hand. The school will not hold her accountable for her grades. Her report card said she had a "weighted" GPA of 3.35. My daughter is excited about that. Ursuline just taught her that if she puts little to ZERO effort she will automatically be an A student. (and why is she in Honors classes???) We were led to believe that this school holds their students accountable and therefore the girls are led to success. Run away from this school. This school gives passing grades in order to keep them in the money making business by showing success rates. Extremely horrified. This school should be held accountable.

All of my daughters attended this school from Elementary to Middle. We really enjoyed the Elementary years but by the time we hit middle school the cliques with bullying and drama were out of control - from both students and parents. It doesn't help that there are too many parents that teach, work or volunteer at the school and this has created entitled students that get, and get away with, everything. While there are many great students, parents and teachers, unfortunately, in a small school the others quickly dominate. Now that all of my girls have moved on, we are so happy that we chose a different High School where our girls have been thriving both socially and academically.

As a parent of 4 daughters, 3 of which attended Ursuline in New Orleans, I would tell you to be Very cautious about sending your daughters to Ursuline. The new administration is very out of touch with students and parents. I have pulled all of my daughters from Ursuline after last year due to the many problems with administration and lack of guidance for my children. since enrolling them into another school this year i have seen that i was blind and my eyes have now been opened to what they were missing in an education.

My daughter is in 8th grade and loves the school. She was a New student last year and found it easy to make friends. There does seem to be a real spirit of service among students and faculty. They help each other and outsiders. She is also challenged and excited by her honors classes.

I'm a graduate and have family members and family friends in the HS now. Terrible environment full of drama and bullying. I've never imagined the things that I've heard about these girls. I attended for 10 years and graduated but will never send my daughter here

I just graduated from UA as a Mac of 2012 and I highly recommend it. The school is beautiful with it's own rich history. Only UA graduates can marry in the beautiful church! This is something I am looking forward to! The girls in my class were so close, and I have made friends for life. The teachers are passionate and the class sizes are small. I learned so much at Ursuline, and it has given me excellent preparation for college. UA also taught me a lot about my faith and my relationship with God. You will leave UA as a confident, well rounded woman.

My daughter is so happy at Ursuline! The school really cares about the girls and the small class size really makes it seem like a family. She is doing well academically and has a wonderful group of friends. I couldn't be more pleased with Ursuline Academy.

I agree with the May 15th posting. One of the meanest schools my daughter ever went to. She is now in High School, happy and doing well and till this day she says "she did not know what depression was, until she attended this school" Bullying from Teachers and Students

I go to Ursuline and i love the school, the teachers, and the people

Last modified Ursuline Academy High School is a Private school that serves grades 8-12