New Orleans, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 23, 2014
This school does a disservice to these girls. I will be the first to admit, my daughter is failing. But Ursuline is also failing her. She is the product of her environment, not mine. She does not try to do well. She has missing assignments and her grades for the entire semester have been F's and borderline D's for the core classes. But in Gym and Piano she is an A student. These two classes won't pass for any college acceptance. But at the end of the semester, she was able to get these grades out of F's and barely into the D range. Extra credit was the helping hand. The school will not hold her accountable for her grades. Her report card said she had a "weighted" GPA of 3.35. My daughter is excited about that. Ursuline just taught her that if she puts little to ZERO effort she will automatically be an A student. (and why is she in Honors classes???) We were led to believe that this school holds their students accountable and therefore the girls are led to success. Run away from this school. This school gives passing grades in order to keep them in the money making business by showing success rates. Extremely horrified. This school should be held accountable.

Ursuline Academy High School 3

Posted October 19, 2014
All of my daughters attended this school from Elementary to Middle. We really enjoyed the Elementary years but by the time we hit middle school the cliques with bullying and drama were out of control - from both students and parents. It doesn't help that there are too many parents that teach, work or volunteer at the school and this has created entitled students that get, and get away with, everything. While there are many great students, parents and teachers, unfortunately, in a small school the others quickly dominate. Now that all of my girls have moved on, we are so happy that we chose a different High School where our girls have been thriving both socially and academically.

Posted October 09, 2014
As a parent of 4 daughters, 3 of which attended Ursuline in New Orleans, I would tell you to be Very cautious about sending your daughters to Ursuline. The new administration is very out of touch with students and parents. I have pulled all of my daughters from Ursuline after last year due to the many problems with administration and lack of guidance for my children. since enrolling them into another school this year i have seen that i was blind and my eyes have now been opened to what they were missing in an education.

Posted October 01, 2014
My daughter is in 8th grade and loves the school. She was a New student last year and found it easy to make friends. There does seem to be a real spirit of service among students and faculty. They help each other and outsiders. She is also challenged and excited by her honors classes.

Ursuline Academy High School 2

Posted June 28, 2014
I'm a graduate and have family members and family friends in the HS now. Terrible environment full of drama and bullying. I've never imagined the things that I've heard about these girls. I attended for 10 years and graduated but will never send my daughter here

Posted May 20, 2013
I just graduated from UA as a Mac of 2012 and I highly recommend it. The school is beautiful with it's own rich history. Only UA graduates can marry in the beautiful church! This is something I am looking forward to! The girls in my class were so close, and I have made friends for life. The teachers are passionate and the class sizes are small. I learned so much at Ursuline, and it has given me excellent preparation for college. UA also taught me a lot about my faith and my relationship with God. You will leave UA as a confident, well rounded woman.

Posted February 11, 2011
My daughter is so happy at Ursuline! The school really cares about the girls and the small class size really makes it seem like a family. She is doing well academically and has a wonderful group of friends. I couldn't be more pleased with Ursuline Academy.

Posted January 11, 2011
I agree with the May 15th posting. One of the meanest schools my daughter ever went to. She is now in High School, happy and doing well and till this day she says "she did not know what depression was, until she attended this school" Bullying from Teachers and Students

Posted February 28, 2010
I go to Ursuline and i love the school, the teachers, and the people

Posted December 18, 2009
Ursuline is an incredible school and I am very satisfied with. Ursuline has a history like no other's, and I am pleased with the will to teach or our teachers. It is my second year here at UA, and I have had nothing but good experiences. Ursuline has reached out and everyone's talents and interests are accepted and apprieciated. The academic progam is very impressive, as are the important art progams here. The classes are smaller which assuages the learning of the students. The students are granted more attention from the teachers. This school has not disappointed me.

Ursuline Academy High School
2635 State St, New Orleans, LA  70118
Last modified Ursuline Academy High School is a Private school that serves grades 8-12
Ursuline Academy High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top