Ponchatoula, LA

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 13, 2015
The school is extremely unorganized. Any time i've had to go into the office in the morning there is extreme chaos. We had to go in for several parent teacher conferences last school year because there's not much communication between the teacher and parents of what's going on in the classroom or the expectations. There was no open house so I had no idea what the school year was going to bring for my son and how it was going to be structured. Mr Sciortino is in fact very friendly and seems to do well with students but I feel like its way past time to split this school up in separate grade levels. You have kindergarten students in the same place as 8th graders, it's a huge cluster. There's no aftercare or really any after school activities for me to get my son involved in and when you want to speak to someone of authority at the school you have to call like 5 times to finally get someone to take you seriously and return the messages. If I could afford to send my child to private school I would but this is where we are forced to send him and it's extremely frustrating. Looking forward to being back in St. Tammany in a few years.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted July 13, 2015
I have no idea what they are developing they don't communicate with you. I know even know what the schools motto is or what the curriculum entails.

Posted July 13, 2015
Really wish there was more organization at this school. No structure or communication between parents and teachers and there isn't an open house either.

Champ Cooper Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2015
I love this school... Great staff and teachers... Great organization skills ... Office has things together and are very orderly ...

Champ Cooper Elementary School 1

Posted March 05, 2015
If u have iap papers they do not follow it .they don't work at all with the kids

Champ Cooper Elementary School 1

Posted December 06, 2014
I go there and it's not the best school. Their are a lot of cursing and fights. I wouldn't suggest going here. And the teachers are sometimes very rude to the students.

Posted September 23, 2014
This school has gone downhill. I went here for 5 years and left as soon as I could.

Posted January 16, 2014
Joanna Sampson, 6th grade teacher, needs an attitude adjustment. I do not appreciate the way I have heard her speak to children. Especially the younger children. There is absolutely no reason to be so rude to a child. ALSO - No one seems to understand the way the carline operates. Morning drop-off is the most frustrating. TWO lines are to be formed in the car line, but for some reason parents seem to always form one causing the line to back up onto the roadway. You are to form TWO lines people! TWO. Notices need to be sent home to parents as if they were the children because apparently not they can even follow rules.

Champ Cooper Elementary School 5

Posted February 15, 2012
love your principal, he is one of the best teachers and great influence on children. thanks

Champ Cooper Elementary School 3

Posted January 28, 2011
I went to Champ Cooper and so does my daughter. It is a pretty good school, but I've found that it depends on what teacher your child has. I wish they had more afterschool activities, and an afterschool care program. And someone on here said their kids went there K-12. Champ Cooper only goes to 8th grade!

42530 Louisiana 445, Ponchatoula, LA  70454
Last modified Champ Cooper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Champ Cooper Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top