Ponchatoula, LA

Posted December 06, 2014
I go there and it's not the best school. Their are a lot of cursing and fights. I wouldn't suggest going here. And the teachers are sometimes very rude to the students.

Champ Cooper Elementary School 2

Posted September 23, 2014
This school has gone downhill. I went here for 5 years and left as soon as I could.

Champ Cooper Elementary School 2

Posted January 16, 2014
Joanna Sampson, 6th grade teacher, needs an attitude adjustment. I do not appreciate the way I have heard her speak to children. Especially the younger children. There is absolutely no reason to be so rude to a child. ALSO - No one seems to understand the way the carline operates. Morning drop-off is the most frustrating. TWO lines are to be formed in the car line, but for some reason parents seem to always form one causing the line to back up onto the roadway. You are to form TWO lines people! TWO. Notices need to be sent home to parents as if they were the children because apparently not they can even follow rules.

Champ Cooper Elementary School 5

Posted February 15, 2012
love your principal, he is one of the best teachers and great influence on children. thanks

Champ Cooper Elementary School 3

Posted January 28, 2011
I went to Champ Cooper and so does my daughter. It is a pretty good school, but I've found that it depends on what teacher your child has. I wish they had more afterschool activities, and an afterschool care program. And someone on here said their kids went there K-12. Champ Cooper only goes to 8th grade!

Champ Cooper Elementary School 5

Posted September 13, 2009
I went to this school 5th-8th. I absolutely loved this school and would give anything to go back. You can't blame bad grades on a teacher, or school. The teachers here work their hardest to be at the top of their game. I appreciate everything these people have done for me. They truely care about their students education. Amazing school. Myself as well as many others of my classmates still would love to go back.

Champ Cooper Elementary School 0

Posted March 30, 2009
I think Cooper is a pretty decent school. I have a child there in the Autism program as well as in the mainstream classroom...They have the best program for these children around. However, the down side of this school is that they do not have enough extra activities/sports for these children. We need for kids to have these things readily available so they can stay on the right track growing up and out of trouble. All I ever see for this are notes about what the YMCA offers...which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive!...what happened to SCHOOLS offering sports programs for younger kids?!?!?!?! By the time I was in 5th grade, my walls were plastered with awards from Acting, Singing AND Sports. Now days, the kids don't stand a chance in that area and we all wonder why they hang out with the wrong crowds and find the wrong ways to 'stay busy'.

Champ Cooper Elementary School 4

Posted January 30, 2009
Use to be a 5 star education experience but since the school has become so liberal and left its true values, it has dropped a star

Posted January 22, 2009
This school does not want parent involvment , they are only interested in financial parent involvment. They don't respect the parents anymore than the children. This school is not as warm and cozy as they want everyone to believe it is. Instead of it having a positive affect on my child, he hates school and would drop out today if he could. And I blame that on the school, because he loves to learn, but has been humilated daily at that school and sorry to say not my other students, but by administration.

Posted March 26, 2008
I have substituted at this school for a number of years and have experienced first hand that most of the teachers there are not interested in being there at all. They act like they hate their jobs and the students. I hate that my child has to attend this school. He was previously at another school where he was on honor roll two nine weeks, since transfering, he has gone down to B's and C's. They need better teachers who care about the children and their education!

Champ Cooper Elementary School
42530 Louisiana 445, Ponchatoula, LA  70454
Last modified Champ Cooper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Champ Cooper Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top