D.C. Reeves Elementary School 5

Posted April 19, 2012
D.C. Reeves is a place where students have the opportunity to become lifelong learners and productive citizens. Learning takes teamwork. Join the team, play hard, and finish strong! No excuses.

D.C. Reeves Elementary School 2

Posted September 14, 2011
This is my children's first year in a school in Tangipahoa parish. I have one at DC Reeves and one at Martha Vineyard. I thought coming from the city the schools would be much better out here. However, DC Reeves is not! I have been dissatisfied with this school from day one. It was so hot when we attended open house that my husband had to leave the room from sweating so much. Then I find out they have a 10 minute recess. How can they expect kids to be quiet in class and the cafeteria when they are not given the ample amount of time to release some of their energy. Then today I go drop off my daughter and find out they are not allowed to have chap stick at school.....her poor little lips were so chap and from licking them from being chapped she made a soar under her lip. I was sending her the chap stick so she would quit licking her lips and making it worse. I was told by the vice-principle they were not allowed to have it according to the nurse's rules. That has to be one of the craziest things I have ever heard of!!! Then I was told I would have to go to school and apply to her myself. This is not a school I would recommend! If I had a choice my child wouldn't be there!

D.C. Reeves Elementary School 1

Posted February 25, 2011
This school has caused nothing but heartache to my family. I am extremely unhappy with the office faculty temporarily in charge, not to mention the utter lack of positve feedback for the students. It seems like they only direct negative attention to what they see as a problem child, which to them is any child that speaks! Don't dare address a problem or you will be verbally attacked, and your child or children will wear a target on there back! It's sad but true this school does not have the students best intrest in mind. I wish I had more options when it came to choosing the best school for my child.

Posted October 06, 2010
I LOVE D.C. Reeves Elementary School because the faculty and staff are dedicated to educationing all students. Though all students do not progress at the same rate, the teachers at Reeves work effortlessly to help students achieve a satisfactory level of academic success. The students are the most important people at the school and the parents are welcomed to become partners and totally involved in their child's educational process.

D.C. Reeves Elementary School 3

Posted May 04, 2010
My daughter is in 3rd grade at DC Reeves. She absolutely loves her teacher(s). I had a few concerns with the way things were going in the class room when my childs teacher was on leave. I spoke to the Principal and she took care of it. I was reassured that they were doing theyre best and not to worry! Thanks a Bunch for taking care of my daughter!

Posted April 24, 2010
The principal is wonderful and understanding. The librarian runs 4-H and really makes the children feel special. You can tell that the teacher love their job. The teachers are always happy and nurturing!

Posted September 17, 2009
DC Reeves REALLY CARES about the WHOLE child and not just one aspect of his/her talent. Excellent teachers in a first class facility !!! The students are well prepared for the future.

D.C. Reeves Elementary School 5

Posted September 17, 2009
They've always been very helpful with my son. He's in an Inclusion class and the teachers & school management have been very helpful every step of the way.

D.C. Reeves Elementary School 4

Posted July 31, 2009
I have seen all the teachers here strive to be the best in their teaching methods. I would definitely send my own child here, and it is one of the best schools in the parish. Discipline is strict, but that provides for less disruptions and more learning going on. If your child is a disruption, be prepared for action to be taken. I gave it only four stars because I'm comparing this school to all schools, including private. You have to keep in mind that at any public school, your child will be subjected to some 'families' that you may not find acceptable. Overall, these types of families are the minority in this school district, but in comparison to private schools, it is a slightly lower status. We just got a new principal in January, and she is wonderful. She's very approachable and experienced.

D.C. Reeves Elementary School 2

Posted September 27, 2007

D.C. Reeves Elementary School
18026 Sisters Road, Ponchatoula, LA  70454
Last modified D.C. Reeves Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
D.C. Reeves Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top