Bad
Good

Posted October 09, 2012
My child was at Tucker for two years. The school is horrible. I glad it was only two years. I wish I had started homeschooling. Teachers could care less. Everything my child learned was from me teaching my child in the evening. I 100% agree with the previous post. Please read it.

Posted August 15, 2012
This is a terrbile school. Recess is restricted to 50 seconds per activity and if you fail at let's say Jump Rope, they tell you to move on. The children are not allowed to talk in the lunch room except to the person to their right. They are given 15 minutes to eat lunch with no ability to remotely socialize. I understand learning rules, and things that children need to learn are important, but this school is a terrible school. With no options other than Homeschooling, I am considering withdrawing my child and ensuring he learns as he is supposed to and is allowed to be a child....

Posted February 26, 2011
Tucker Elementary is a great school. I have had 2 children attend and 1 child who will attend next year. The children come first at the school. I am very impressed with the way things are done there.

Posted March 02, 2010
I removed my children from this school and perrin. Total lack of respect for the children in their care,

Posted January 26, 2010
The principal and most teachers are not interested in the children and are very unapprochable.

Tucker Memorial Elementary School 3

Posted May 13, 2007
I was quite disappointed in the fruition of this school. Although my child is an honor roll student and has yet to be in any trouble, I found her teacher to be fairly uninvolved and unapproachable. It has been brought to my attention on several occasions that my child was not allowed to communicate with the teacher in class. There seem to be many children attending with behavioral problems which encumbers and abates the other children's learning process. There was also a sub conducting class copiously and, in my opinion, helped cause the rate of learning to be much slower than I anticipated. I am currently seeking alternative means of education for my children as I do not wish them to attend this school again. I would rate this school a 3-4 out of 10.

Posted September 15, 2004
Tucker school has been an outstanding school. My child enjoys reading as a result of the methods of this school

Posted July 28, 2004
Tucker Memorial has to be the best experience my children have had in any school. The Principal Mr. Williams is a real bonus. He is caring and helpful in any situation. The students look up to him. The teachers are patient, kind, and you get the feeling they are there because they love to watch children learn and grow. I have not had a better experiance with any school!

Tucker Memorial Elementary School
310 South 3rd Street, Ponchatoula, LA  70454
Last modified Tucker Memorial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-2