Prairieville, LA

Posted June 14, 2014
Excellent staff! I can't say enough great things about this school, from the office, to the teachers, on into the lunchroom. They have truly been a blessing and have been my children's family away from home. Mom of "3 Honor roll students"

Posted August 22, 2013
I find most of the staff to be outgoing and friendly. I try to stay involved in the kids activities at school and visit them often. When I visit I am always welcomed and greeted with the friendly office staff. The kids seem to like their teachers and are learning a lot. It does seem that this year there is more homework then the last one, but not sure if that is because a change in requirements. I wish the school did have a gym for the kids for PE, hopefully they will soon. Other than that I love the school, appreciate the staff and look forward to the kids progressing in their learning more this year.

Posted August 01, 2013
My child attended this school for 1st - 5th grades. We have only had great experiences with administration and staff. our visits were always welcome.

Prairieville Primary School 1

Posted May 23, 2013
Absolutely the most despicable school my child has attended. They do nothing about student-to-student & teacher-to-student bullying, claim to start an investigation, don't perform a follow-up, sweep the issue under the rug & hope it goes away. Teachers don't engage students & berate students in front of the entire class. If your child has not been a student from start to finish of their elementary years, they treat you like garbage. If you are a bible-beating Republican & follow their socialist mentality towards segregating the students, & allow your child to be berated in front of an entire classroom, they will accept you with open arms. No art taught in the school. Be warned if important to you. Creativity not encouraged. If your child is a machine, over medicated, & is a good little student, they'll love you. PE in front of school because no gymn. One I stopped in, & there was a class having PE. What I saw was atrocious. Female PE teacher was YELLING like a military drill sargent & YELLED in a student's face. This is how your children are treated in PE class when no one is around. If this is what you expect in a place for the educating of your child, then this school is perfect.

Posted August 07, 2012
My daughter started at this school when it first opened. I have to say Mrs. Smith has formed an excellent school and learning enviroment for these children. I have no negative issues with this school. Any problems I may have had (which were very few), were dealt with immediately, considerately and with professionalism. I feel my child gained an excellent start to her future and is very prepared to begin the next phase in her education. I feel the teachers strived for excellence and made every effort to ensure the children would be well prepared for the next grade. I am thrilled with all aspects of Prairieville Primary and am gratefull for the time and hours these educators have dedicated. WAY TO GO PVP!!!

Posted May 23, 2012
My daughters have excelled at Prairieville Primary. When my girls started there in '09, one had never been off the honor roll -the other could barely read the most basic of words. As a mother of a special needs child with Autism and ADHD, I can not express how much it means to hear your child, who has struggled so much, read for the first time. The staff could not be any more caring or gifted at what they do. I've been blessed to luck into such a wonderful school. This year, my child scored mastery in Science, advanced in Math, and basic in Social Studies and Reading. She continues to struggle to keep up with the others in her grade, but she has an excellent support system to help tutor her. Both girls love their teachers and this school! The school is almost brand new, is very clean and well maintained. It lacks a proper gym, but the kids still have PE. The PE classes are usually held in groups in front of the school. They have a fun tradition of competing against the other classes of their grade each week for stars and are featured for a week in the cafeteria. The library is of good size and encourages reading with an A.R. program and incentives to read! We love this school!

Posted August 12, 2010
Beautiful campus! This will be my daughter's second year at PVP and we absolutely love it! Amazing teachers, friendly and helpful staff! She has had more fun and learned MUCH MORE than she did at private school. I am very impressed with this school and proud to be Mom of a Prairieville Primary Cardinal!

Posted April 27, 2010
Wonderful, caring staff and administration! The only negative I have is that there isn't a music or art teacher.

Posted December 28, 2009

Prairieville Primary School
40228 Parker Road, Prairieville, LA  70769
Last modified Prairieville Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairieville Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top