Bad
Good

My children use to attend this school and I was so happy when they left for high school. I always thought that it was a decent school, that was before the new Principal. I never voiced my opinion to such a click school, I just wanted my children out with no problems. Both of my children were honor students and participated in band. I accepted how the Principal yelled at students to be quiet at all of the functions, yet talked and giggled throughout my children's whole band concert to another parent which had nothing to do with the concert..Anyway,I hope it wasn't, being that they didn't hear any of it and were laughing. I just cannot accept what I read regarding the janitor. Are you people serious? First of all the cops should have been called on the student regardless of him taking a leap test. He has no right to do that and you may have saved him from growing up to be a pervert.or brat, had you given him consequences. Why did he have a phone with camera during test anyway? Against State Rules! I HAVE TOO MUCH RESPECT FOR THE JANITOR. He is the only one I gave a gift to when my last kid left school.He has been there forever and never gets recognized for his hard work. I'm MAD

Moving to this area has been the best decision we ever made. I can't say enough good things about this school!

My 13 year old honor roll student went from being a happy outgoing person to someone with a broken spirit, terrified to go to school because of the bullying. She has always been and still is a respectful kid, well liked by teachers. There were several instances where she was cornered by kids (the same ones each time), and reported it to the principal, who did nothing. When I met with fr principal, she decided to look into the problem and never got back to me. When I followed up, she explained that the kids did admit to bullying, but still chose to not hold them accountable. During Leap testing, an 8th grade boy snapped a pic with his phone of the janitor using the bathroom, pants to his ankles. The janitor was furious, and wanted to call the police. The principle asked him to not follow through be side it would affect Leap scores. The kid was not written up. She has allowed kids from other schools to attend our school dances, even though it's against rules. There have been so many fights that she chooses not to report. My oldest daughter attended GMS and didn't have these issues. The day this new principle took over, it became a nightmare.

Horrible bullying problem at this school. The administration puts the blame on the victim. This is the worst administration I have ever seen. My child has been through Kindergarten to 6th grade with NO problems ever. Within 4 months at this school, she was suspended 3 times. The principal, assistant principal and guidance counselor are a joke. Unless you were born and raised in this town, you are treated like garbage. Next year we are going private.

This used to be a wonderful school but it, like most organization, is only as good as the leadership and this principal truly is out of control. She refuses to implement any activities to ensure all are engaged in learning, such as science fairs and encouraging the setup of clubs. If you are part of the elite group, good for you, otherwise I would tell you to run!

The principal, assistant principal, and staff at GMS are so wonderful! They treat the children with love and respect, and receive it in return. High educational standards, safe environment, lots of extra-curriculars, and a great group of kids! I feel very blessed that my daughters are able to attend this school.

Well, since the wonderful principal left last year, this school has been going downhill in many ways. It has become like a military type environment and all the positive energy that this school used to possess is now replaced with negative energy due to the new principal and the way she is running this school. My child used to love it there and now he is very unhappy with the whole day. I am just glad that this is his last year. We truly miss the old happy environment that used to be what GMS was known for ... mainly due to the great principal who set the tone but is no longer there.

As a mother of a 5th grader with LD I have been pleasantly surprised by the flexibility of the principal and assistant principle and the willingness to work with me. It is obvious they try to keep the school positive and fun. We are looking forward to 3 more great years here!

I love Galvez Middle School. I am a 7th grader and I do not want to leave. Not only is the dtaff great, but the pricipal is so much fun! We have a lot of fun at Galvez and the band is the best! We are going to State Festival! Go band! The football teams are great! (we are the champs) Galvez Middle School rocks!;)

Last modified Galvez Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.