Prairieville, LA

Oak Grove Primary School 4

Posted August 06, 2014
This school great I've been to this school since first grade and I'm sixth now it was great teachers staff janitors everybody is nice although the had bad technology when I was there now they have iPads and other stuff some teachers don't help students like they should but other than that I would totally recommend this school

Oak Grove Primary School 5

Posted May 29, 2013
We chose to live in this area solely because of Oak Grove Primary. The teachers and staff are very dedicated to the education of the children. The parents get involved with their children and the teachers have great communication with parents. We've been at this school for three years and love it. We just finished our first year with a new principal who stepped in and did a great job taking over the school. Five stars across the board for OGP!

Oak Grove Primary School 1

Posted May 17, 2013
We went here for one year and couldn't leave fast enough. The teachers and staff cared more about my child learning to say No Maam and Yes Maam than they did the academics. In volunteering in the school I frequently heard the children labeled as bad while the child could hear. One time the teacher asked me to volunteer sub for half an hour and she was gone three hours. Left me without a lesson plan - just a bunch of primary kids staring at me. Also, they only allow the children to go to the bathroom on lunch breaks and encourage the kindergarten parents to send their child with a change of clothes and/or in a pull up. I was aghast and very happy to move out of the parish to better schools in EBR.

Oak Grove Primary School 5

Posted July 18, 2011
i love this school i think out of all the school by far oak grove is the best the stuff is always helping our kids and trying to go the extra mile to help kids that are having trouble in everything or for whatever reason i love this school alot !!!!

Posted September 29, 2009
To brag about our school will not be hard..... The office staff, teachers, lunch ladies, bus drivers and janitors are all so wonderful. I have vol. as hospitality for all 5 years and have had the privilege to get to know almost everyone. I can honeslty say it is like one big family. Our children, families and community are all very blessed.

Posted September 29, 2009
This school lets your children shine.We love Mrs. Tate the principal.Every child is a star.

Posted September 29, 2009
Great teachers and a great education. My children Thompson and Victoria love, love their school!

Posted September 17, 2009
We have some of the Best teachers and they truly care if our children understand what they are teaching. Even our janitors and Lunch room ladies are wonderful. They want the best for our children like they were their own.

Posted September 16, 2009
This is the school my youngest child attended and now my grandchildren attend. The teachers and staff are very attentaive to the children's needs and the academics are superb. Thanks Oak Grove!!!!!

Posted September 16, 2009
It is a terrific school where the teachers care about our kids. I know that my kids are safe when they are at Oak Grove as well as learning from the best of the best.

Oak Grove Primary School
17550 Old Jefferson Highway, Prairieville, LA  70769
Last modified Oak Grove Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Grove Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top