Prairieville, LA

Posted March 15, 2012
This is an all around great school!! The teachers are excellent and their approach on teaching is wonderful.

Posted April 09, 2011
The teachers get the job done! Zero tolerance and Parents seem to truly be involved and care about their childrens progress.

Galvez Primary School 4

Posted May 25, 2010
I enjoyed the time both of my girls were at GPS. There teachers were wounderful. The ladies of the lunchroom were also good to all the children. The school could have used a little more time outside of the school time for appreciation, awards, graduations for the new 5th graders also needing to put more into the news papers showing the schools appreciation for the school's teachers, students and faculty.

Posted December 02, 2008

Posted September 28, 2008
Both my kids attended Galvez Primary School, my daughter is in 3rd grade right now and my son has moved on to Galvez Middle but , I love this school, especially since Ms Capello became the principal last year. The teachers are great, Ms Capello is a very caring person, you can see her walking in the cafeteria at lunchtime or at the student drop off, she's much more involved than the old principal, or so it would seem, and I think it makes a huge difference. I am so glad that my children were sent to this school. I love everything about it

Posted August 21, 2007
Fantastic school! Low class sizes, excellent teachers, very well run. I'm very impressed...

Posted April 30, 2007
I have a daughter that has been at Galvez Primary since Kindergarten. She will go into 2nd grade at the start of the '07/08 school year. She is a wonderful student and is excels at GPS. Anyway, I was offered a chance to move to Donaldsonville and have my child attend Ascension Catholic Primary. I must say that after speaking with personnel at Ascension Catholic and finding they were unable to answer the simplest of my questions, I decided that my child would definitely be cheated out of a real education if I were to take her out of any public school in Ascension Parish. They are the best schools around!

Galvez Primary School 1

Posted March 01, 2007
Galvez Primary is a good school. Though the administration leaves very much to be desired. Some of the faculty are great, although some are left with much to be desired. I would rather put my child in private school than have to deal with the administration.

Galvez Primary School 3

Posted April 30, 2006
Academics is great, but there is no free time, to freedom to socialize even before school, and every moment is rigidly regulated. I would move now but my son has developed close friendships that would damage him emotionally and this is currently more important. no art or music, very minimal extra curicular.

Posted March 06, 2006
As a teacher and parent of three children that have attended Galvez Primary School I feel fortunate. Our administration, teachers, and parents have enabled our students to achieve excellent testing results. The teachers continue their education by seeking National Board Certification, Master's degrees, and additional workshop training. The level of parent involvement is incredible! Every day we have parents helping in all aspects of school life. The teachers are very fortunate because parent volunteers arrive just to help create learning tools for students. Every day students have forty-five minutes of enrichment. Enrichment classes include French language lessons, training for the President's Fitness Challenge, health and safety, physical education with a wide variety of equipment for regular and special education children, fitness games, and movement with music. Student are involved in 4-H on a school, parish, and regional level and they can create seafood/meat/poultry/egg dishes. Go Galvez Primary! Thank you!

Galvez Primary School
16093 Henderson Bayou Road, Prairieville, LA  70769
Last modified Galvez Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Galvez Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top