Bad
Good

This school is the best bc's use it is safe and respectful and rebsosable and they always have a plan

Terrific school! The staff is amazing and the teacher are outstanding! Very involved with the kids and communicated with me almost on a daily basis if there were any problems.

My daughter is in 3rd grade and she is doing great. She just transferred this year and she adjusted perfectly. Her teachers did everything to make sure the adjustment was smooth for her and got her on the same page as the rest of the right away. Everyone us nice and overall I have no complaints. She's made honor roll this whole year. :) one happy Mom right here.

This is an all around great school!! The teachers are excellent and their approach on teaching is wonderful.

The teachers get the job done! Zero tolerance and Parents seem to truly be involved and care about their childrens progress.

I enjoyed the time both of my girls were at GPS. There teachers were wounderful. The ladies of the lunchroom were also good to all the children. The school could have used a little more time outside of the school time for appreciation, awards, graduations for the new 5th graders also needing to put more into the news papers showing the schools appreciation for the school's teachers, students and faculty.

Both my kids attended Galvez Primary School, my daughter is in 3rd grade right now and my son has moved on to Galvez Middle but , I love this school, especially since Ms Capello became the principal last year. The teachers are great, Ms Capello is a very caring person, you can see her walking in the cafeteria at lunchtime or at the student drop off, she's much more involved than the old principal, or so it would seem, and I think it makes a huge difference. I am so glad that my children were sent to this school. I love everything about it

Fantastic school! Low class sizes, excellent teachers, very well run. I'm very impressed...

I have a daughter that has been at Galvez Primary since Kindergarten. She will go into 2nd grade at the start of the '07/08 school year. She is a wonderful student and is excels at GPS. Anyway, I was offered a chance to move to Donaldsonville and have my child attend Ascension Catholic Primary. I must say that after speaking with personnel at Ascension Catholic and finding they were unable to answer the simplest of my questions, I decided that my child would definitely be cheated out of a real education if I were to take her out of any public school in Ascension Parish. They are the best schools around!

Galvez Primary is a good school. Though the administration leaves very much to be desired. Some of the faculty are great, although some are left with much to be desired. I would rather put my child in private school than have to deal with the administration.

Last modified Galvez Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.