Bad
Good

Wow! I can't believe all the negative comments about QHS. I was a student K-12th grade. Many QHS grads I know made a wonderful life after QHS, including my husband and I. We are a small country town and that makes for a small school. If you have that much to complain about, send your kids somewhere else. You don't mind giving QHS a bad name but you sit on your behind doing nothing about it! Mr. Shovan is a wonderful hardworking christian man. If there is anything to fuss about it should be the mess that Bertha Robinson left for him to clean up. Other than that, its a good place to grow up. The teacher that was talked about in Jr. High being rude and mean to students, she is gone. I know exactly the one you are talking about....pretty sure her name was Michelle....

I dont know why everyone thinks quitman is such a good school. the junior high teachers dont want to teach, they dont care if the kids learn or not. The teachers are rude and yell at students every day. There is a big problem with junior high students being picked on all the time, this probem has been going on for years and the teachers wont do anything about it. if there was a better school in my area i would send my children there, but theres not.

I think Quitman is a very good school. It has problems, but every school has its problems. Some good teachers, some bad, but over all a good school. I do think the teachers and principal should listen to the kids and parents a little more when there is a problem. The school does need school spirit, teachers, kids and parents. But that starts at the top. If the faculty does not have it, then its hard to get the kids and parents involved. I think if the students had higher school spirit, then they would be happier and the teachers would be happier. We are talking about kids. They have to grow up too fast as it is. Let them know you can have fun at school. It does not have be so rigid and by the book for kids to learn.

I loved Quitman while I was attending it and I still do, but now that I am in college I have a different view of my school. I was not prepared for college level classes, especially in math. I find myself struggling a lot and still not being able to keep up with everyone else in my class. I don't know how to study and I always look for the easy way out. I wasn't ever pushed to anywhere near my full potential in high school.

I graduated from Quitman in 07 with a 3.8 GPA. I received multiple scholarships to college, all together granting me a full ride +. I thought I was totally prepared. I was not. Not only was I ready for the workload, I was not prepared for college level maths. I failed my trigonometry class because most everything that was being talked about wa completely foreign to me. Now the creativity side of things. There is very little to be talked about on this subject at quitman. Having chosen a creative major (architecture) I was very under prepared in high school. The only art programs at Quitman are GT programs. The results that I saw were not that impressive. I was in no way challenged to think 'outside the box.' I feel fully prepared to work for someone else, following their direct orders and not thinking for myself.

I moved to Quitman my seventh grade year and finished out my highschool career there. It's a great school. It has that more personal feeling than do other big schools. There are pros and cons to a small school like Quitman, but the good by far out weighs the bad. leadership of the school went downhill a lot with Mr. Milstead left, but hopefully Mr. Shovan is turnin all that around.

I have attended Quitman High School since I was in Kindergarten. I am very pleased with the school. I am now a senior and will be graduating at the begining of May! If you are interested in a school I would recommend Quitman! We have an amazing Basketball team! We are participating in the State Tournament on March 17th in Lafayette! Quitman is an amazing school for children of any age!

I started at Quitman in Kindergarten and this year is my senior year. I love my school! Previous posts talk about the bad things at Quitman, but no school is perfect. I think Mr. Shovan is a wonderful principal and leader. We have plenty of sports and clubs. There aren't any AP classes, but there is GT Music, Art, and Academics. I am receiving a good education and I know I will be prepared for college. I think Quitman is a great school.

Last modified Quitman High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.