Rayville High School

Public | 9-12 | 482 students

Posted September 11, 2009

I love this school!!! I wish I were there now. Rayville is were you want your kids to be. Promise you, they will pass with excellent grades and more education!

Posted August 1, 2009

I am a junior at RHS, but unfortunately will moving schools at the end of this year. I have been a part of FCS, better known as fellow christian students. and I also played sports. I will miss it so much. It was a great school.

Posted September 26, 2007

This is my sons first year at RHS and I am very satisfied. It is my alma mater so its only fair that he gets the same top rated education as I did. I had a great foundation and so will he. Everyone there is like family and that is what you need at a school, faculty members who nurture and care for the students and will do whatever it takes to ensure that no child is left behind. Rayville High(academics/extracurricular activities) has a lot to offer students who are willing to take advantage of the opportunity to obtain a good education. I highly recommend that any parent admit their child to this school. *****and four thumbs up.smile! Go Hornets!

Posted July 16, 2006

If I were a parent I would want my child attending this school. This school offers very good things. I just recently graduated from Rayville High and learned many things. I love this school with every thing it has. My favorite was the dance team, which I was apart of for 4 years. Going to this school was a great opportunity. The teachers are great and our principal keep us inline. There were hard times and good times. The good times is what I remember most. I love this High School and miss it dearly. The best thing about it is having the best guidance counciler direct you in the right path. I want to thank her with everything I have. Thanks Rayville High School. You have taught me great things.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 27, 2005

I think RHS is a great school! It has been growing for the last two years that my child has been there. We are very fortunate to have a highly quailfied teachers and administration. The quailty of the academic programs are very good. The also have music, art, sports and many extracurricular activites for students to choose from.

Posted April 21, 2005

Rayville High School is top notch. Many of the recent graduates are in college or on their way to college, and this years grads are on their way as well. Going to college is much easier after experiencing the great classes and administration atRayville. And not only does Rayville exceed academically, but it's also successful in extracurricular activities. Rayville has an excellent band, choir, and athletic teams. And more importantly, the coaches and band/choir leaders want to see their players and musicians succeed academically and beyond. Great teachers and coaches and students...how can you top that? Besides working on the school and making it look better, because Rayville is doing that too.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 24, 2005

I am a student at RHS and I feel like it should be given a ten from a one to ten scale. We have, as far as I know, the highest academic scores in the parish. If a student needs help, then the teachers will gladly help the student and help them until their problem is resolved. The students are allowed to choose from art, band, and other electives. They can also choose from a wide variety of sports. Thank you for listening to what i had to say. I love my school, and I think other people should too.

Posted October 5, 2004

Rayville High School is an excellent school, and the administration is of the highest caliber. Dr. Georgia Ineichen is one of the finest principals in the state. She deeply cares about her students, and she has worked tirelessly to build one of the best faculties in the area. Since Dr. Ineichen has returned to RHS, the positive perception of the school has dramatically increased due to her continual efforts to raise public awareness of the school's many achievements. Rayville High School can take pride in being one of the few schools to have no employees teaching outside their area of certification; the school has consistently improved its accountability scores; and this school has raised ACT scores above the state average. Rayville High Scool is a fine example of a public institution that is constantly working to improve itself for the benefit of its sudents and its community.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 21, 2004

The Principal, Dr. Georgia Ineichen seems professional, but is not. She likes to use words like thug toward the students, which is quite sad and very unprofessional. She walks fast at all times, as if she has something to do. But this is not the case. She just doesn t have time for the students, and the teachers. The students and the teachers are afraid of saying the truth. Students feel repressed, and most of the teachers fear unemployment. Some teachers challenged Dr. Georgia Ineichen, but they are not longer working there. And I wonder why. Well, that s quite an euphemistic observation of the reality that the school has lived since Dr. Georgia Ineichen became the principal of Rayville High School.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 64% in 2010.

127 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2010.

127 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Scale: % basic or above

In 2012-2013 Louisiana used the integrated Louisiana Educational Assessment Program (iLEAP) to assess students in grades 3, 5, 6, and 7 in math, English language arts, science, and social studies. The iLEAP is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Louisiana.

In preparation for new assessments in 2014-15, Louisiana is including more common core aligned content in LEAP and iLEAP tests in 2012-13 and in 2013-14. The percent of students earning a proficient score is expected to be lower as a result of this change.

Source: Louisiana Department of Education

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 82% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 87% in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 93% in 2013.

English III

The state average for English III was 88% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 83% in 2013.

Scale: % basic or above

In 2012-2013 Louisiana used the End-Of-Course (EOC) tests to test grade high school students in English 2, English 3, biology 1, algebra 1 and geometry. The EOC is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Louisiana. The EOC is a high school graduation requirement. The goal is for all students to score at or above basic on the test.

Source: LA Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 70%N/A67%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

193 Louisiana 3048