Reserve, LA

Posted April 25, 2012
Our child moved schools this year and has excelled at RA. She has had so many more opportunities, including band. She was welcomed by classmates, teachers and even other parents from day one. If you are looking for a good school that educates the whole child, RA is worth the time. I have spoken to many other "new" parents who have told me how happy their child is also.

Posted May 12, 2011
Riverside Elementary is a great school. The teachers are so passionate and go out of their way to treat everyone equally. I have two children that attend Riverside Academy and they both love school and love their teachers. The education is out of this world! My kindergarten child is learning addition and subtraction and my third grader is learning all kinds of things. She is doing good in math but does have to study alot. The teacher know she tries very hard and allows her to stay in at recess and gives her extra help! Now that says alot for the third grade teachers! They are both awesome! The parent involvment is great too! The discipline is good too. You can go to the school at any time of the day and you will not see kids hanging out the halls or roaming in the halls like some schools in the area! The parents are very involved as well.

Posted January 05, 2010
I just recently graduated from Riverside, and I believe that the faculty has more than prepared me for college. I am doing excellent in college now because of them. However, they deserve more for the work they put in. Riverside is a good school and I would definately recommend the school to someone looking for and equal athletic and education base school.

Posted October 28, 2009
I think that Riverside Academy is an excellent school, the administration is very well rounded. The cafeteria has the best food around, the spirit and pride that the children have there is unbeleiveable. I would have to say that since they have added Dr. Perkins as the Asst Principal and Ms. Trish Bordelon as the Business Manager at the school things are finally starting to shape up. I would recommend the school to any family that is looking for academic learning , sports, and fun. They also have Grandparents day for every grade. The Pep rallies are wonderful. The new Band Director that has started this year is the absolute best, he has made the RA Band sound great !!!! Come join the RA Family, we did !

Posted October 21, 2009
Riverside Academy's elementary program is top notch. It doesn't matter what teacher you get, they are all professional, educated, easy going, and eager to help your child succeed. They are more than willing to discuss any concerns you have with your child and help to remediate any problems. The hallways of the building are lined with colorful displays of the student's work along with other inspiring messages. They have a wonderful principal who is very personable and a great educator. All teachers work together--like a finely tuned machine

Posted October 15, 2008
Riverside i a great school. Sure, it has it's share of problems but, what school doesn't. The board members are easy to talk to. The tution is not the cheapest. But, it is priced the cheapest of other schools in the area. RA does a great job at keeping the tution down. If you have not done so already, Go check it out.

Posted March 18, 2008
Riverside is going downhill bigtime! The school depended alot on St. James Parish students, when the local high school in that parish became a high ranked school district, Riverside lost a lot. The school is based on Athletics! The tuition is incredibly expensive, because less and less people are attending the school. St. John has a failing public school district, which is undertandable why Riverside remains. But don't go out of your way to send your kid there. trust me!

Posted January 03, 2008
I love Riverside, so many people had something to say about me putting my kids there, but the it was the best decision my husband and I have made yet. It has a great academic program, as well as athletics for all ages. Keep up the great work RA!

Riverside Academy 1

Posted September 20, 2007
I am a new student, and I am very concerned about the academics. The academic department is appauling because the prinicble is naive and believes that everything is perfect. It's not, it is the athletics that runs the school, and the non-athletic people are the ones who get the downside.

Riverside Academy 5

Posted December 16, 2006
My daughter has been attending this school for 5 years and loves it more every year. The principal Mrs. Duhe has brought so many great ideas to this school the last 2 years and has made the school even better. This school is becoming the premier private school to attend in the River Parish area. It only gets better each year!

332 Railroad Avenue, Reserve, LA  70084
Last modified Riverside Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top