East St. John High School 5

Posted March 16, 2013
I graduated from East Saint John in 2009 and will be returning as a teacher in the fall after graduating with a bachelor's degree. ESJ is definitely a school that prepares students to be successful as they enter the next stage of their lives no matter where students wish to end up whether its college or the workforce. By the criteria for this website, a "great school" has "Excellent teachers, strong principal/school leadership, and challenging academic programs," and ESJ certainly has all three. I am not saying that the school is perfect, but the increasing number of opportunities that lead to future success are and will continue to be there for students that attend this school.

East St. John High School 3

Posted April 13, 2012
I am a recent graduate of East Saint John class of 2011. I was a cheerleader and active member of many clubs and organizations. I had a great time at ESJH! I made good grades and i am going to college for free. I now attend Nicholls State University as a mass communication major with 3 of my classes already completed thanks to ESJ.The comments you see here are only accurate to a certain degree. You cannot put all of your trust in schools...public or private. THE SCHOOL DOES NOT MAKE YOU...YOU MAKE THE SCHOOL! If you know teachers are going to tell you something about dress code...DONT DO IT! I never had a problem with dress code or code of conduct. The teachers at ESJ do care about students as long as the student cares about themselves. Private schools in Laplace are no better than East St John. Most of the things that go on there are covered up. I know many HORRIBLE things that happen at private schools in Laplace. As long as a child is self motivated and knows what they want out of high school...they will be VERY SUCCESSFUL at East St John High. I know I was and those were the best 4 years of my life..and i expect to have a bright future thanks to ESJH...GO WILDCATS!!!

East St. John High School 1

Posted January 29, 2012
This school does not prepare your children for college. Some of the teachers act just like the students at times it is hard to tell them apart. I am sad to say this is our tax dollars at work. If you can send your child to a private school in Laplace. It is the only way your child will get a proper education.

Posted October 09, 2011
I am a freshman at East St. John High this year. Honestly they have improved on things like for instance sports and other academic's for students, but I don't think it is the best at all. I think they waste more time worrying about the dress code and student code of conduct, rather than worrying about the eduction they need to provide for the students. Yeah, there are some great teachers and all, but truley to be honest it is far from the best. I think teachers, faculty and staff needs to lay off of students who are there and are trying to learn and not worried about the uniform. Most students don't want to hear the fact that their shirt is untucked or the don't have a belt on. I can actually understand where most students are comming from, because it happens to me alll the time. Why do students need to worry about the uniform if they are sitting there ready to learn. Its NOT A BIG DEAL. Honest opinion.

East St. John High School 0

Posted September 22, 2009
east st. john is a amazing school i just love all of the things they have to offer me and my family

Posted September 01, 2009

East St. John High School 3

Posted November 27, 2008

East St. John High School 1

Posted November 10, 2008

Posted July 28, 2008
My entire family, as well as myself graduated from ESJ. Based on my experiences there I can say that it is not the greatest high school, though there are not many choices. This school did not adequately prepare me for college. The high GPA that you get at ESJ does not reflect how well you will do in college. Just to put it into perspective, a 4.0 at ESJ is equivalent to about a 2.5 on an undergrad scale. The valedictorian of my class went to college and lost his TOPS scholarship, and eventually dropped out of college because he wasn't prepared. It is when your child goes off to college that you and your child will see the effects of the insufficient education that is provided by ESJ. However, every student is different. If you put 100% into whichever school you choose, you will reap the benefits. :)

East St. John High School 0

Posted April 27, 2008
If you have any choice in the matter, please send your child to another school. It's quite true that East St. John has some excellent teachers, but they are few. I can name only four. Before you buy into these rave reviews, please consider the source: only read them, and you'll notice the grammatical errors and lackluster style of writing. These people are obviously not the most educated. As a graduate of East St. John, I can attest to the quality of the education it provides. I am surrounded daily by students from other states or countries who are by far better educated than any East St. John student I've ever met, regardless of their abstract 'intelligence'. I personally witnessed one teacher assign her students pages from a children's coloring book as classwork. Many teachers show movies (think 'Saving Private Ryan' rather than 'The Life of a Cell').

East St. John High School
1 Wildcat Drive, Reserve, LA  70084
Last modified East St. John High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East St. John High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top