Ringgold Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 249 students

Sweep tile

Posted May 30, 2011

My child went to school up till this year. I pulled him out and he will be going to a private school until I cannot afford to pay for it any longer. He had nothing but trouble since Pre-K with the teacher, kindergarten with another student, that incident was swept under the rug and the teacher retired after that and this year with the assault and the faculty doing nothing to protect my child. All their concern is the LEAP testing and how they score and how the school looks, decorations. They start studying for LEAP after Christmas and nothing else. If you value your child's education and safety do not send them here if at all possible. Castor is only 5 miles down the road. Get in that district. Much better school all around. My child is an A-B student and did very well on the LEAP but Ringgold will not benefit from it. I also have a special needs child and it has been a fight from the first day. She is in high school and will graduate in 2 years. Not moving her unless it is necessary. She is watched very closely. I will say that for the high school.

Posted August 30, 2008

I am very pleased with the education my child is getting at RES. My child is in 2nd grade this year (08-09), and the teachers are wonderful. They are very helpful and care about my child. Also, my friend has a specail needs child and they are so good with him.

Posted September 19, 2006

We have recently enrolled our two children in 1st grade and pre-K and are extremely pleased with the principal, teachers, and staff. Compared to the private school my oldest daughter attended last year, the environment at Ringgold Elementary is much more welcoming and responsive to our concerns. Whenever we have encountered any difficulties, the teachers were quick to address and resolve the issues. Our children are extremely happy and doing extremely well, both socially and academically. As, a certified school counselor, I would never allow my children to remain in an environment that did not nurture our children's natural desire to learn. Perhaps, we should all work collectively to influence change where needed and continue to support and encourage the works of good that are already taking place. In my professional and personal opinion, the Ringgold Elementary staff deserve recognition for the work they do for our children.

Posted August 31, 2006

My child is a student of Ringgold Elementary and already we are struggling. The 2006-07 school year has just started and here we go again. I wish we had the means to put our child in another school. A school that cares. Ringgold seems to only worry about the few lucky and popular kids. I agree with the last review entered in here, a child with any problems will have a horrible experience here. Its a shame to live in a nice rural area and have the problems we are now having. Now I see why so many local kids go to the private schools that are offered around this area. Maybe somewhere down the road someone will want to pick up the ball and gets things to changing at Ringgold. I have heard really good things about the new high school principal. I just hope it continues. A worried mom

Posted July 8, 2005

My children went to school here for almost 5 yrs. During which time we were very involved and kept up with our childrens education. While at this school we saw first hand that a child with disabilities could be overlooked. It was for this reason we pulled our kids out of the situation and have a much more concerned and dedicated school only a few miles away. We repeatedly had meeting on top of meeting when all we ever ask of the school was to provide our child with the modications that by law were to be implimented for his education. we tried our best and so did our children but feel the school let us down in more ways than one. All I can say to the parents of children still attending Ringgold is good luck and keep your eyes open, our children are our future. Sincerely, A very proud parent.

Posted December 4, 2004

I am a graduate of ringgold. I graduated in 2002. Ringgold is not the best school in the world, but it's certainly not the worst either. I don't think that it is that the teachers don't care; more or less that the students could care less. The parents in ringgold should also stand up and get involved. There have been countless number of times where my friends would get in trouble and their parents would act surprised everytime. Like i said, i graduated from there and i'm fine. In college and doing great. The kids need to apply themseleves and the teachers should force the kids to do so, along with the parents. You can't blame your children's failure on one person when you are sometime the cause of it.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 14, 2004

At least the band director is good. I would say he is the best in Northern Louisiana, but that would be an understatement. If only he had more to work with. I must say that with the proper leadership and funds, Ringgold could be turned around. We will see what hapens in the near future, but there is a definate need for more parent/school interaction. The parents just don't care. I see a good start with what the band director is trying to do there, but hopefully his actions will spread throughout the rest of the school.

Posted November 6, 2003

Ringgold High School is a disgrace. I would never in my life send my child to that school because it is the most untactful school in the entire state. The only purpose for Ringgold High School is to babysit kids from 8:00-3:15. They learn nothing to prepare them for college, nor do they have many extracurricular activities to keep them off of the streets. The teachers don't even care about the students anymore. And I won't even start on the principal.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 68% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 65% in 2013.

Scale: % basic or above

In 2012-2013 Louisiana used the integrated Louisiana Educational Assessment Program (iLEAP) to assess students in grades 3, 5, 6, and 7 in math, English language arts, science, and social studies. The iLEAP is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Louisiana.

In preparation for new assessments in 2014-15, Louisiana is including more common core aligned content in LEAP and iLEAP tests in 2012-13 and in 2013-14. The percent of students earning a proficient score is expected to be lower as a result of this change.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 66% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 67% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 70% in 2013.

Scale: % basic or above

In 2012-2013 Louisiana used the Louisiana Educational Assessment Program for the 21st Century (LEAP 21) to assess students in grades 4 and 8 in math, English language arts, science and social studies. The LEAP 21 is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Louisiana. The goal is for all students to score at or above basic on the test.

Asian 1% 1%

• Donald Calloway
Fax number
  • (318) 894-2912

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4044 Bienville Road