Ruston, LA

Posted September 25, 2013
At Cedar Creek, so many steps are in place to make certain the Middle School experience is a positive one. (1) There is something for everyone to participate in, and faculty and staff encourage school participation. Cheer squads and dancelines welcome girls in 7th/8th grade to participate. All boys are invited to play football grades 6-8. Student Council, Honor Society, and more await the student looking for a place to fit in. (2) All new students are welcomed each year at a school orientation by friends that will shadow them the first few weeks of school and answer any questions they may have. (3) Teachers truly care about their students and make themselves available 24/7 should a parent have a question. (4) Incentive programs are in place for all students with good grades and great study habits(turning in homework) to be rewarded on school-sponsored celebration field trips - Green & Gold Day! (5) Character building through Rachel's Challenge and looking toward the future with aptitude groups discussing future professions are just those extra touches that make Middle School at Cedar Creek some of the best years!

Posted September 25, 2013
It is not possible to put into words how I feel about Cedar Creek School. I was fortunate, enough, to attend Cedar Creek from my first day of kindergarten until my last day of high school. The education that I received was invaluable. The school helped prepare me for my college years. Cedar Creek was more than a school to me. It was another home. The students, staff, and faculty were extended family. I graduated from Cedar Creek 25 years, ago, and it is still a place that I consider home. I am still in contact with my Cedar Creek family and friends. The opportunities that I received from Cedar Creek were immense, but the love and mentoring was even greater. I am proud to be an alumni of Cedar Creek School. Creek Pride!

Posted September 25, 2013
Reason #350 that I love Cedar Creek - The role model for our children that heads the school!!! The school principal doesn't just sit in his office all day. He is part of the school environment in everyway. You can see him daily as he helps with carline, and he watches each child arrive and leave the school. He is present at almost all athletic events, school events, and works side-by-side with his faculty to constantly strive to improve the school in all areas. He participates in parent work days to make the school more beautiful, and he can been seen by his students and the CC family setting up event tents, carrying tables, pushing a lawn mower. There is nothing he wouldn't do for Cedar Creek. He believes in the school that he leads, and he shows our children on a daily basis how to lead with a servant's heart. His office is always open, and he welcomes a phone call or email. His decidation of more than 20+ years to Cedar Creek is just another reason this school shines in North Louisiana.

Posted September 25, 2013
It is hard to put into words how outstanding Cedar Creek has been for my child. The staff is second to none. They really push your child to achieve the most they can. They have every extra curricular activity you could want to be involved in and are very competitive at all of them. Cedar Creek is the best thing that has ever happened to my child, send your child here and will be the greatest thing that has happened to them also. I love this school.

Posted September 25, 2013
As an alumna of Cedar Creek and a parent of a recent alumna, I am glad that CC has been part of my life since 1973. Of course, any discussion of a school should begin with academics. The instruction that I received prepared me well for college, and my excellent teachers inspired me to become an educator myself. While I do feel that there have been some inconsistencies in math instruction in recent years, overall I think that my daughter's education has prepared her well for college too. Next, I would consider extra-curricular activities. CC offers something for almost everyone. While I was a student, I enjoyed working on the publications (newspaper & yearbook) and serving on the student council. I learned invaluable skills (how to meet a deadline, how to be a leader) that are crucial to my life today. My daughter was able to participate in varsity athletics, spirit groups, and clubs. I appreciate the former and current faculty, staff, and administrators of Cedar Creek School. As a student, I felt that they truly cared about me and wanted me to succeed. As the parent of a CC student, I appreciated the time they invested in helping my child to grow to her potential. Super omnia!

Cedar Creek School 1

Posted September 01, 2013
Do not send your child here. The administrators attempt to completely control the students' lives. If you're not PERFECT, you're not accepted. The other students at the school will not talk to your child unless they are mean and cruel. This has become the normal thing to do at this school. Your child will only receive the proper preparation and attention if you have a ton of money and you visit the school and complain about things regularly. If a child's parents are not 110% involved with the school, they will be treated like dirt. Also, the coaches are EXTREMELY rude. They only give attention to the athletes that are the best, and they don't try to work with the ones that aren't. They will tell you to your face that you aren't good. I witnessed a coach call a student fat. Some of my coaches have told me that I suck and that they are glad I'm not on their team again this year. If your child isn't a cheerleader or football player, he or she will not be included in anything. The other students will not invite them to do anything. A big problem at Cedar Creek is that the staff will try to control your child's life on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. I'm glad that I'm done.

Posted June 30, 2013
Cedar Creek is an amazing school. As parents of a graduate and a current high school student we have been very pleased with the academic challenges and the expectations of the faculty and administration. The teachers expect the students to do their best, and accept nothing less. Success is the norm at Cedar Creek, not the exception, as it is in many schools. From Pre-K through High School, CCS develops students with a competitive academic spirit, not just an athletic one. The students perform to the best of their ability in the classroom and on the field because they want to...it's what everyone does! At a very young age, our children talked about where they would go to college - they never considered NOT going - and recent graduating classes have proved that CCS prepares its student to go WHEREVER they choose. Cedar Creek graduates are competitive regionally as well as nationally for college admissions and scholarships. Cedar Creek is not perfect, no school will ever be, but it is definitely the best school available to students in north LA.

Posted March 11, 2013
Cedar Creek was a choice our family made for our child after carefully considering all schools in the region. It was by far academically superior to any other in the region. Obviously, they are a college-preparatory institution, with students being accepted to top schools all over the nation. It also is a welcoming and safe environment, with lots of extracurricular opportunities -- and not just sports. Arts, academic clubs, etc., abound. My son, who is in the elementary school, has blended in well and feels welcome. He s also thriving academically. We live about 30 minutes away, and it's more than worth the drive.

Posted September 23, 2012
I am currently a student at Cedar Creek and honestly it is an academically sucessful school. I admit you may be treated like an intruder if you talk to some of the more popular children. But if you talk to one of the more excluded kids, then you'll be welcomed. I actually have friends who are in the grade above me and the opposite gender and they're pretty cool. You'll always find a group to fit in here. I mean I'm Canadian and Asian , I found people I get along with. But if you decide to send your child here, you won't worry as the teachers will guide your child rhrough every lesson. Although some of the parents are downright nasty if they don't like you. Also if you didn't graduate from Cedar Creek, they may not look too kindly on you. But my parents didn't (probably a good thing) and about half of the parents didn't. Anyway, Cedar Creek is an amazing academic school that you should consider sending your child(ren) to.

Cedar Creek School 1

Posted August 24, 2011
I attended Cedar Creek from k-12th grade. The academic program is good in most areas, but the math department was absolutely pitiful the entire time I went there. I struggled a lot with mathematics and never seemed to get the help I needed, and it certainly shows to this day. That statement can be backed up by the number of math teachers fired while I was attending. The school is also VERY "clicky" with certain groups of popular people who can do no wrong, and others who are treated more like outcasts. (maybe it has something to do with how much money your parents donate to the school every year after paying tuition hmm). There is also a HEAVY parent involvement (especially concerning the more popular kids) and in many cases it's down right obnoxious. Some of these parents might as well quit their day jobs and just hang out on the school campus 24/7. I'll conclude by saying that even after 13 years at Cedar Creek and knowing virtually everyone on the campus at the time, I never really felt like the staff welcomed me or treated me in the same manner as other students..education was fair, but unless your social status is high, I will NOT guarantee a welcoming environment.

Cedar Creek School