PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

MSR provides a comprehensive and broad based education for our middle-elementary student. She has tested several grade levels above her age, which I attribute to the personal attention, excellent curriculum, and comfortable atmosphere MSR provides it's pupils.

Montessori School of Ruston is a family. The parents, children, teachers and staff work together towards the education of the whole child. My child not only excels in this environment, he thrives! He joyfully goes to school each day to "see what we're going to learn next." The staff go above and beyond to meet the needs of each child and each family. Montessori Matters!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers meet the needs of each individual child in regards to learning style and learning level. They are encouraging and loving.

Amount of homework: Agree

Children are given the opportunity to complete all assignments during school hours. The students only have homework if they do not complete their school work. It is a real incentive to get your job done!

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is the Montessori Philosophy! Montessori School is based on these attributes! The philosophy of Grace and Courtesy teaches these life skills.

Before we moved to Ruston, my child attended a highly rated public elementary school in a well ranked state. Montessori wasn't on the radar, because I thought it was just a preschool. Then I started spotting older Montessori kids all over town. After great visits and tours at Ruston Elementary and Cedar Creek, I dropped in unannounced and found Montessori administrators, teachers and parent volunteers working together to prepare for the school year. These were impressive individuals. The educational philosophy and methods made sense intuitively and were in agreement with parenting books I'd been reading. With crossed fingers, I filled out an application for my elementary and preschool age children. My initial concerns about the transition to a Montessori environment and later back to traditional style school have been put to rest. Today the great Montessori teachers are providing my child with help where it's needed and have adjusted the curriculum in the areas where my child is advanced - something I cannot say about her old school.

I've had two children in Montessori School of Ruston. I am most impressed with the caring, peaceful atmosphere and I love that the teachers treated my children with respect. They honored them as individuals and let their lights shine!

MSR is a great family atmosphere...we are totally bought into the Montessori philosophy. It allows our children to grow into what they were created to me, and get a beautiful education tailored to their strengths. It's a beautiful place.

My child attended this school from kindergarten through 7th grade. I love the Montessori atmosphere & style of learning/teaching. It was so nice for her to learn in an atmosphere of caring and support. She has now transitioned to public school, and started 8th grade at RJHS. She has done quite well, taking all honors courses & made straight "A's" and one "B."

An excellent learning environment. My oldest daughter went here in the late 1980's when it only went through 1st grade. My 7 year-old is in 2nd grade now and doing fantastic. I love the Montessori method and hope my child goes through 8th grade at WMS.

Last modified Montessori School of Ruston is a Private school that serves grades PK-8