Posted June 05, 2015
Montessori School of Ruston is a family. The parents, children, teachers and staff work together towards the education of the whole child. My child not only excels in this environment, he thrives! He joyfully goes to school each day to "see what we're going to learn next." The staff go above and beyond to meet the needs of each child and each family. Montessori Matters!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 05, 2015
The teachers meet the needs of each individual child in regards to learning style and learning level. They are encouraging and loving.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 05, 2015
Children are given the opportunity to complete all assignments during school hours. The students only have homework if they do not complete their school work. It is a real incentive to get your job done!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 05, 2015
The children are encouraged to stick to a problem until they find a solution. They are taught how to find information if they don't know. They are given ample time to thoroughly complete assignments - to dig deep, and to feel the internal rewards of a job well done.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 05, 2015
The children are respected by all of their teachers and are required to show respect back and to respect their classmates, and their environment. Children are naturally respectful if they are treated with respect.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 05, 2015
Children are taught from early ages to resolve conflict by listening and talking. They are all very dear friends and care deeply for one and other.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 05, 2015
This is the Montessori Philosophy! Montessori School is based on these attributes! The philosophy of Grace and Courtesy teaches these life skills.

Posted November 26, 2014
Before we moved to Ruston, my child attended a highly rated public elementary school in a well ranked state. Montessori wasn't on the radar, because I thought it was just a preschool. Then I started spotting older Montessori kids all over town. After great visits and tours at Ruston Elementary and Cedar Creek, I dropped in unannounced and found Montessori administrators, teachers and parent volunteers working together to prepare for the school year. These were impressive individuals. The educational philosophy and methods made sense intuitively and were in agreement with parenting books I'd been reading. With crossed fingers, I filled out an application for my elementary and preschool age children. My initial concerns about the transition to a Montessori environment and later back to traditional style school have been put to rest. Today the great Montessori teachers are providing my child with help where it's needed and have adjusted the curriculum in the areas where my child is advanced - something I cannot say about her old school.

Posted November 24, 2014
I've had two children in Montessori School of Ruston. I am most impressed with the caring, peaceful atmosphere and I love that the teachers treated my children with respect. They honored them as individuals and let their lights shine!

Posted November 24, 2014
MSR is a great family atmosphere...we are totally bought into the Montessori philosophy. It allows our children to grow into what they were created to me, and get a beautiful education tailored to their strengths. It's a beautiful place.

700 Woodward Avenue, Ruston, LA  71270
Last modified Montessori School of Ruston is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Montessori School of Ruston Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top