Cypress Springs Elementary School 5

Posted August 08, 2013
My daughter hv been going there for fours years now tat is an excellent school Tha teachers are patient and treat Tha kids very nice and I just love tat school and mrs Lewis is excellent Tha Tha best school ever

Cypress Springs Elementary School 0

Posted April 29, 2009
I really like the environment that the school presents. Teachers are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that the children are taken care of educationally. I transport my to school every morning and the instructors that be waiting for the car line are very nice.

Posted January 14, 2009

Posted July 29, 2007
I am a teacher with many years of experience. I have had experience in teaching in another parish within the state. I have experience in teaching K-4th grades. My years at Cypress Springs have been great! This school has teachers that truly care about the success and well-being of every child. The teachers collaborate very well together. They plan lessons that are fun and encourage the children to do their best. The teachers work extremely hard. We do not have the parental involvement that we desire, but we do offer many opportunities for parents to become involved in their child's education. We encourage every parent to become a part of their child's education. Cypress Springs has been and continues to be an excellent school. The school offers, art, music, physical educ., and computer lab(kids college) to every child. The Accelerated Reader program has been a great success.

Posted November 17, 2006
My child attended Cypress Springs for three years. This summer we moved to a different state (in the northeast). Teachers at my child's new school have complemented me on his/her math ability (I think that they were surprised that a kid from Louisiana would do so well). He/she is one of the top students in the class at his/her new school, but he/she was also a strong student at Cypress Springs. My point is that three years at Cypress Springs did not hold him/her back from performing very well at a strong school in a part of the country where schools are well-funded. I think that the teachers at Cypress Springs are very good, and do the best they can with the limited resources they have available to them. However, given a choice, would I move back? No way! There are far more resources at our new school.

Posted February 21, 2006
We are now in our 3rd year at Cypress Springs. The teachers that my son has had have all been excellent. The school is undergoing extensive renovations and looks great. Overall we have been pleased. The school has two negatives. The first negative is that the school is very focused on bringing up the performance of the weakest students. As a result, I feel that stronger students are not as challenged, particularly in the areas of math and writing. The second is that they use very rigid curriculm (this is a district issue more than a school issue) and science and social studies are not given much attention. Also music and art enrichment is basically nill. This is also a district issue more than a school issue.

Posted April 28, 2005
I am currently finishing my student teaching assignment at Cypress Springs and I believe that it is an okay school that could be made GREAT! Cypress Springs just needs more parental and community involvement. If the community placed more pressure on those who are 'higher up' the educational ladder the teachers could get more of the materials they need in in order to teach the students what they need. These teachers care about the students and they need community's help if the student's are going to reach their full potential!

Cypress Springs Elementary School 1

Posted April 23, 2005

Posted February 18, 2005
- a staff
Cypress Springs is an elementary school (K-5) with caring and experienced teachers who give 100% of their talents toward educating the students. The vast majority of the faculty engages in regular teacher inservice and curriculum workshops to improve the quality of their instruction. The 'Outstanding Young Teacher of the Year' for 2005 in Lincoln Parish is a Cypress Springs teacher. Our faculty members write grants for extra funding toward curricular needs to use in teaching the grade level expectations. Extracurricular activities such as music and art are offered weekly with the best of instruction. Parental involvement is growing as teachers make every effort to include the parents in every facet of instruction. No school is without problems, but this school is progressively making gains in every area.

Cypress Springs Elementary School 5

Posted December 29, 2004
I have found that the educators and administrators at Cypress Springs Elementary are kind-hearted, talented teachers who work very hard. They are professional and their assistance has been invaluable. The teachers collaborate well and work hard to bring out the best in every child. Their love for children is apparent in all that they do.

Cypress Springs Elementary School
1040 Saratoga Street, Ruston, LA  71270
Last modified Cypress Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cypress Springs Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top