No rating

Glen View Elementary School

Public | K-2 | 642 students

Sweep tile

Posted February 5, 2014

My son is a special education student at GVE. I love the level of care and support that he receives from the school staff, including the teachers, principal, nurse, and even the friendly and thoughtful secretaries! You can tell they love their job there and love their kids. The principal is very supportive of special Ed students which is, unfortunately, a rarity in schools. I only wish the level of support at GVE continued into CSE. CSE has developed into a good school, GVE spoils you!

Posted May 1, 2012

I agree that this is a horrible school. My child attended this school for a short time. The day he came home and told me he was not allowed to drink water because someone in the class was talking was the day I removed him from that school!!! That has been five years ago so nothing has changed, just a dump of a school that treat the kids like its a military academy!

Posted April 26, 2012

This school is horrible. I would'nt send a dog here.. I have had several occasions where I considered hiring a lawyer or calling Bill O'reilly.. The only advocate for the kids at this school is the parents, SO LISTEN TO YOUR KIDS! My son came home one day telling me his teacher said "If you kids don't shut up now, you will get no water break tomorrow, all day" cmon! You go to jail for not watering an animal on a hot day... FIX THIS PROBLEM or I suspect there will be great and varying prices to pay.

Posted January 25, 2012

Excellent programs, great teachers and excellent teacher/parent interactions! So glad thaqt my children attend Glenview!

Posted May 29, 2011

2 of my kids have gone through Glen View and I am about to send a third. The teachers work hard and the principal is fantastic. They just need a better playground.

Posted May 18, 2011

Glen View is one of the best schools in Ruston. Most of the teachers seem to be great, but there have been a few things that I do not approve of. However, my child seems to be happy, and seems to be making progress academically. As a working mom, I am pretty satisfied with the education she is receiving there.

Posted August 23, 2010

I agree with all the reviews . A- my son is doing great at Glenview. I think the staff works great with one another. I do believe they should focus more on art. There simply isnt enough art for the students. I also agree on too many students per teacher. But overall Glenview is a great school!!!

Posted May 25, 2010

I love Glenview. I think Mrs. Mangum has brought exactly what this school needs. We finally have the right mix of teachers and great leadership.

Posted January 26, 2010

Glenveiw is a great school my son stays on the honor roll.The teachers their are great.My son also plays basketball for the school and Mr.Huey the baskeball coach is not only a great coach but also a good mentor towards the kids.

Posted October 19, 2009

Glen View Elementary is a great school. The new principal is doing a great job.

Posted October 13, 2009

Glenview Elementary has the best teachers in LIncoln Parish. It is a great staff with a fabulous principal. They all seem to work together as a team. They are very loving and caring toward the children. Their best interest is the children.

Posted March 11, 2008

I attended Glenview as a child and received an education that surpassed all others. However, now that I have two children there, I feel that the teachers and principal are less than qualified. Education is supposed to improve as the years go by and more experience is gained. This school is not what it once was and definitely not worth the trouble it took to enroll from another district. My children, even though they are still 'A' students, were better off where they were.

Posted March 7, 2008

My son is doing wonderful at Glenview. The teachers are great .

Posted November 30, 2007

This is the best Public School In Lincoln Parish

Posted October 10, 2007

I am a student teacher at Glen View Elementary. The teachers at this school are excellent they go above and beyond to help the student exceed all expectations. Students at this school are loved greatly. Any parent would want their studnent to experience the education that this school provides.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 29, 2007

Glenview is a great school. The principal, Ms. Simoneaux, really cares about the kids and works with the parents to make sure the kids get a good education. My child's teacher has also been great. She is a loving teacher, yet also firm with the students.

Posted July 11, 2006

I did my student teaching at GlenView, and I completely disagree with the other post on here. I have observed or taught in most of the classes at the school, and have found nothing but qualified teachers that have the children's interest at heart. The lack of parental involvement in some grades is a concern, but it is not due to the teachers or administration.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 4, 2005

Horrible principal...His inability to run this school with a stern, but kind heart, shows in some of the teachers who do not seem enjoy teaching our children. But, I have to say that there are a few really good teachers, as well. The school environment is cold and disjointed.

Asian 2% 1%

• Lisa Mangum
Fax number
  • (318) 255-5744

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1601 Bittersweet Avenue