Bad
Good

Posted May 11, 2011
its a great school my child really love it.i just think they need too work on some things.

Posted June 01, 2009
i love school and i didnt like the high school i was going to i moved to louisiana and i love this school. the work is harder and the teachers are great.

Ruston High School

Posted January 09, 2009
I am a Senior at Ruston and I can't wait to get out of here. If you aren't a star athlete and your parents aren't friends with the staff, I wouldn't go here. This is not the school for you. This school is worried about money, people, and uniforms. This school does not treat people equally and is not encouraging enough. My best year at Ruston was my freshman year, and that's because they didn't know very much about me. When they knew I wasn't associated with the certain clicks that have it in good with the teachers and staff, I was not treated like some unspoken people. So, I am ready to get out of here! Senior of 2009

Ruston High School 4

Posted November 14, 2008
I am a parent of a Junior student. My child has been at Ruston High School since her Freshman year. We are VERY pleased with the education that she is getting at Ruston High. Every teacher we have dealt with has been knowledgable, caring and committed to the students. Ruston High offers many ranges of classes from basic to Advanced Placement and Dual Credit Courses. The new Freshman Academy has gotten rave reviews this year and is making Ruston High an easier place for Freshmen students. I have great faith in Mr. Milstead and the faculty here at Ruston High and highly recommend this school. There is something for every student at Ruston High but your student must be motivated to take advantage of the opportunities given them.

Ruston High School 1

Posted September 19, 2006
Hi, my name is Felicia Hamilton and I do not approve of Ruston High as the best school. Why? Because, there are most focused on uniforms than grades. On game days and off game days I hear my daughter coming telling me how basically everything that happen that day dealt with football! So I don't think Ruston High is a great school.

Ruston High School 4

Posted August 02, 2006
I graduated from Ruston High in 2002. Depending on the teacher the academic quality is great. As with any other school, you will have your social based groups and sports oriented teachers. Personally, I feel that Ruston High is a good school.

Ruston High School 1

Posted March 01, 2006
This school is based on social standing and what extracurricular activities your in, not your grades. It all matters on what you wear and the people your friends with. There are more than a few prejudice and discriminating teachers. Already my daughter has gotten sent home about a dozen times for what she wears. It should be up to the parents what their kids wear. The teachers should be more worried about grades than social status and what the students wear. It shows this is not the best academic school.

Ruston High School 3

Posted October 17, 2005
Too much emphasis at this school on athletics, and not nearly enough on academics, and it shows just by how much time they spend talking about it on the morning intercom. If you aren't an athlete, you don't really belong at Ruston High School.

Posted August 05, 2005
My name is Candie Coleman and I'm a student at Ruston High School.I am very happy about how well the academic programs are run there.The student can choose from a wide variety of extracurricular activities and the parental involvement is outstanding.I this this is the best school in the Lincoln Parish community and 95% of the students that go to this school graduate and go on to college.Thank you very much for listening.

Ruston High School
Bearcat Drive, Ruston, LA  71270
Last modified Ruston High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ruston High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top