PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

St. John Berchmans Cathedral School 1

Posted August 23, 2014
Most teachers show extreme favoritism among students. It seems unless you are there since you were little or your parents have alot of time to be at the school.also my children went to public schools after they left because of the favoritism and they were very behing on several subjects. The only ones they were caught up in were science and math. Some students also have foul language the teachers know but they dond do enough to stop it. This is why i strongly dont like this school and would never recomend anybody going here.

Posted April 22, 2013
SJB is a great school. My soon has gone here for k4 and kindergarten. They have wonderful friendly teachers. The learning environment is great. I am very pleased letting my child attend to SJB. I have been a involved parent since he started attending and you see other parents that are well involved also.

Posted October 04, 2011
I graduated from sjb last year and I was there since I was little and I loved it the teachers really apcare and we have the BEST science olympiad program in the state of Louisiana

Posted May 19, 2011
I am quite pleased with SJB. My oldest son has been there for two years and my other will start in fall of 2012. I have been amazed by the quality of teachers and staff. First grade has been a magical year. I can't wait for the next go 'round. The principal really cares about her students... all of them.

St. John Berchmans Cathedral School

Posted January 28, 2009
We moved back to the Shreveport area and are thrilled that we made the decision to enroll our child at St. John Berchmans Catholic School. The small size of the school allows for teachers and faculty to recognize and get to know all of the student body. The spiritual teachings and high academic standards are evident in the attitude and achievements of our child. The principal is caring, dedicated, and hands-on. I would highly recommend this school to anyone seeking a quality education, strong Christian values, and dedicated staff who truly care about the well-being of your child.

Posted May 14, 2008
Two years ago we transfered to Louisiana and were frightened by the low public school academic statistics. We chose The Cathedral of Saint John Berchman's Catholic School (SJB) -- formerly The Cathedral School -- based on its christian values and faculty dedication. We have two children attending SJB and overwhelmingly pleased with our choice! The principal, teachers, pastor, staff, volunteers and parents live the concept of parish family and the results show. SJB was the first in the city to become associated with Cyber Innovation Center (new industry in town) and is building curriculum to prepare kids for cutting-edge studies. Its students recently won the state Science Olympiad regional championships. And SJB is rapidly growing a top notice athletics program. Finally, it's the only school directly aligned as feeder for Loyola HS -- also a premiere school. We were blessed to find SJB and our kid's futures are bright!

St. John Berchmans Cathedral School 4

Posted December 08, 2004
Having graduated one, and two more currently enrolled, we are pleased parents. The religious and social values demonstrated by the staff and faculty can easily be seen in the student body. A solid christian belief with emphasis on academics prepares the children for school beyond TCS. The educational program demonstrates to the children that christian beliefs and commitment to academic values provides a path to success and well being. Parent involvement and prescence further supports this winning atmosphere.

Posted February 23, 2004
We have two children at this school and are thrilled with the education they are receiving. The faculty and staff give 110% to foster an ideal learning environment and their committment to the students is unmatched. We find the intermingling of values education along with academics to be so important for our children's overall character development and feel blessed to be a part of this school family.

St. John Berchmans Cathedral School
947 Jordan Street, Shreveport, LA  71101
Last modified St. John Berchmans Cathedral School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8