Shreveport, LA

Posted February 26, 2014
These teachers love my children and care for them like they were their own. Great parent-teacher communication and the administrative staff is always avaIlable. Yes, parents are required to volunteer a certain number of hours but that is up front in the contract and is a huge part of building a community. I enjoy the time I invest in my childrens' education.

The Montessori School For Shreveport 4

Posted September 20, 2013
This school is truly amazing. At first my son had a bit of trouble adjusting but now I am simply dumbfounded at the change he has taken. I brought them an unruly child that i was not sure what to do with anymore. Their methods and patience has really just made him blossom and has taught us a lot as well. High teacher and staff involvement and co-operation is top notch here. This is also a parent owned school which means parents involvement is not only highly encouraged but required. This is one of the most important parts of having a full learning experience. the montessori method is just phenomenal. The Journey presentation is a must to get the full understanding of why this school is so successful!

The Montessori School For Shreveport 4

Posted August 12, 2013
MSS offers a wonderful learning environment with excellent staff. Our family experience has been very good. We recommend it to anyone that wants to be an active participant in their child's education. The administration is approachable and the school is parent board governed. The board seems diligent and fair about matters presented. General board meetings are open for any parent to attend. Many MSS parents are educators in area schools, college/university faculty and business owners. They are assets to the school because they serve as volunteers, board members and classroom speakers. I have been delighted how engaged parents are with students at MSS.

The Montessori School For Shreveport 1

Posted July 29, 2013
The Head of School is not qualified for the position she holds. As stated in The Montessori School for Shreveport Staff Handbook under Qualificiations, Skills, and Abilities for Head of School: Master's degree or equivalent in education or related field, or have experience in a previous position and have demonstrated competency in the areas of administration and educational philosophy; knowledge of developmental, safety, and regulatory issues surrounding schools in the state of Louisiana; and so forth. The MSS Board of Trustees is aware of her education (accounting). She clearly is not qualified educationally and does not understand children. She does not put the needs of children first with every decision as stated in the handbook. I would not rely on this individual's advice regarding children.

Posted July 13, 2013
We have been with MSS for 2 years and it is absolutely the best choice we could have made for our child's education and well being. I have found the teachers and staff extremely knowledgeable and accessible. I love volunteering for the school and feel like we get hands on experience in seeing how the school operates. Reading some of the reviews below, I can honestly state our family has not experienced any of the negative things listed. I would highly recommend this school for self motivated students and families.

The Montessori School For Shreveport 2

Posted July 03, 2013
This school has a rich Montessori tradition that is being eroded. Most of the staff are not certified to teach anything and the bare minimum are certified to teach n a Montessori school. The rest of the staff is made up of mother's of current students so the school can save money, I would never be able to recommend this school to anyone based on the current situation.

Posted June 26, 2013
This is a wonderful school. My children have attended MSS for many years and it has been a great environment for them. They have had excellent teachers (except for one who is thankfully no longer at the school). I would recommend taking a tour of the school, watching how the class rooms operate, observing the interactions between the students and their teachers, and making an educated assessment of the school for yourself.

The Montessori School For Shreveport 1

Posted June 14, 2013
My children have attended this school since 21 months old. It started out well but has deteriorated! I would not send my children there now.

Posted June 03, 2013
I have two children who attended MSS from the age of 21 months through 8th grade. Most of their teachers were phenomenal and kept my children engaged and challenged. My children never wanted to leave school when it was time to go home because they were so close to their friends and teachers. This was true of most all the elementary children I came across. When any problems arose that needed to be addressed, the teachers were very knowledgeable about my children and wanted to work closely to resolve any struggles. The staff is very dedicated to the school. It seems parents would want this approach rather than rely on report cards and impersonal ties to your child. A private school should expect parent involvement and every teacher my children had invited us to observe their class room. As for tuition, it is one of the best schools in Shreveport, with one of the lowest tuitions!! High school teachers love kids from MSS, stating that they are able to think for themselves, are self motivated, are able to organize their work, and are respectful. I have found nothing but willingness in the staff at Montessori in addressing the education of my children. It's a great school!

The Montessori School For Shreveport 3

Posted February 15, 2012
The Montessori philosophy is brilliant. They respect the child and foster independence and individuality. I am for it 100%. The teachers are great at this school. But the administration is not that great. Poor communication and very much driven by money. There is a lack of support and team leadership. The director is not qualified to be in her position. As a former employee, I wouldn't recommend being employed there at all. They overwork you and don't respect you as human being. The director has unrealistic expectations and has no business working with kids.

The Montessori School For Shreveport
2605 C E Galloway Boulevard, Shreveport, LA  71104
Last modified The Montessori School For Shreveport is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
The Montessori School For Shreveport Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top