No rating

First Baptist Church School

Private | PK-8 | 377 students

Living in Shreveport

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $225,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $690.

Posted August 23, 2013

Run as fast as you can away from this school. The teachers, staff, assistants, parents, etc. all talk about you and your child behind your back. This is the most NON-CHRISTIAN environment I have ever seen. Public school is more Christian than this place. Heed the warnings of the other reviews. The headmaster has no leadership ability whatsoever. He lets those that line his pocket run the school. Just ask who all is on the school board there. All very fake people working there. No sincerity.

Posted August 13, 2013

We chose to send our son to FBCS for middle school. It has been a wonderful experience. The quality of education that he has received the last two years has exceeded our expectation. We have been the "magnet" route with two older siblings and just did not want to do that again. I love that the staff is so available and willing to help solve any problems that you may be experiencing. We are not a wealthy family and yes, the school is expensive. But, it has been money very well spent. I WISH they still went through high school! I noticed at both of my daughters high school graduations that students who attended FBCS were always among the top percent of graduates. I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to send my son here. It's a great thing when teachers love your child and actually KNOW who you are.

Posted May 11, 2013

Unless you are very wealthy, STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE ! Not much of a "Christian" environment.

Posted November 2, 2012

Glorified daycare for "elite" kids. As others have noted, if you are not part of the "elite" clique of well-to-do parents, you and your child will be ostracized. Don't be fooled by their affiliation with the adjacent church; there are students who engage in less than Christ-like behavior and their bullying is ignored (even tolerated!) by the administration. One reviewer commented that the school is headed by a "soft-spoken, Christian man". My experience through the years has been the exact opposite. In fact, I agree with the review from July 11, 2012 - "poor supervision and weak leadership". Your child's education and wellbeing are too important than to subject him to the frustration of FBCS. If you do decide to tour this school, be very wary and try to look past the smiles and platitudes of the administration. Our experience has been that they don't really care about you or your child. Just your money.

Posted July 11, 2012

I cannot recommend this school. We had a very negative experience with First Baptist Church School, due to poor supervision of students and weak leadership.

Posted March 19, 2012

We started First Baptist in Pre-School and planned to move to a magnet school when my daughter was old enough but fell in love with this school! We are getting a great education, have made friends we will keep for a lifetime and my kids have been loved on for 10 years! It is such a loving environment and the small classroom sizes have made the attention my children get from their teachers something we could never get anywhere else. All in a Christian environment where they have learned to serve Christ and others daily.

Posted June 22, 2011

We were at this school for 8 years...the negative review from 2005 is still relevant today unfortunately. If you are not involved with the parent cliques that rule here, you and your children will be ostracized. So much happier now that we are gone!

Posted April 27, 2010

Have 1 child that has been there from K-3 to 1st grade and still loves it. My baby will start K-3 in August. We all love it and all of the teachers so far.

Posted June 4, 2009

I have been a First Baptist Parent since 1992. My three children attended First Baptist since kindergarten (K5) and loved it. As a parent I loved the Christian atmosphere and excellent education and the small class sizes. My second child is Dyslexic and they have the resources to help at the school, which was wonderful. The teachers are wonderful and caring. My youngest child will graduate next year ending our time at First Baptist. It will be sad. We have been there through four headmasters. I read with interest the comment of the post of 1/16/05, we now have a fine soft spoken Christian headmaster who knows the children by name. He truly has the school's best interest at heart. FBCS is a wonderful school.

Posted April 28, 2008

An excellent academic and social environment

Posted December 1, 2005

We have had 2 of our 3 children graduate from FBCS with outstanding grades and test scores and have excelled in Caddo Magnet High School and now in college. Our 3rd child is also excelling and we are pleased with her overall grades and test scores. We attribute all of this to the fine teaching staff and the small class sizes where each child receives additional attention,if needed. We have also been particularly impressed with the nurturing attitude of the faculty and staff. Our children have always felt loved and safe at school and that has always made us feel comfortable each morning when we dropped them off. They each have been challenged academically and have been given many opportunities to be involved in various extracurricular activities. Overall, we have been extremely pleased with the past 16 years that we have been involved with First Baptist Church School!

Posted February 19, 2005

We have had three children now graduate from this fine school. All three excelled in high school and two are now doing excellent in college (one is still in high school.) We are so thankful for the strong Christian and educational foundation our children received from FBCS. The expectations from the faculty and students allow for a great educational experience.We am so thankful for the well-rounded education our children recieved. Music, arts, sports and other extracurricular activities are very much included in this school's programs. Parents are strongly involved from driving for field trips to prayer groups to being a room parent, etc. My children to this day talk about the wonderful experiences they encounterd at FBCS. Scholarships are available.

Posted January 16, 2005

We are pleased with the teaching staff at First Baptist. However you need a law and Phyc degree to bypass the political regime that heads the school. The leadership from the church and administration lacks the Christian beliefs, which hinders the learning process. If you are not made of money and lots of it you will not last long. In the past few years the 'founders' have all been forced to retire or go elsewhere and the long-term outlook is not in a Childs best interest without stability. Don't be snowballed by the tour! Look deeper into the certifications.

Posted February 23, 2004

I am very pleased with the education my children received at First Baptist Church School. The personal attention, discipline and study habits they aquired allowed them to earn very high grades in both high school and college. The Christian atmosphere helps promote respect of other people and also helps to develop moral character. I highly recommend this school.

Asian 2% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 1%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• ACSI
  • SBACS
Fax number
  • (318) 869-0125

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious