Posted September 08, 2014
An excellent education, with small classes, and attention to each child. I have 3 children here and have been thrilled with the education they have received for the last 8 years. Likewise, the attention on the athletics, extracurriculars and the focus on Biblical principles are excellent additions to round out the whole child.

Posted August 23, 2013
Run as fast as you can away from this school. The teachers, staff, assistants, parents, etc. all talk about you and your child behind your back. This is the most NON-CHRISTIAN environment I have ever seen. Public school is more Christian than this place. Heed the warnings of the other reviews. The headmaster has no leadership ability whatsoever. He lets those that line his pocket run the school. Just ask who all is on the school board there. All very fake people working there. No sincerity.

Posted August 13, 2013
We chose to send our son to FBCS for middle school. It has been a wonderful experience. The quality of education that he has received the last two years has exceeded our expectation. We have been the "magnet" route with two older siblings and just did not want to do that again. I love that the staff is so available and willing to help solve any problems that you may be experiencing. We are not a wealthy family and yes, the school is expensive. But, it has been money very well spent. I WISH they still went through high school! I noticed at both of my daughters high school graduations that students who attended FBCS were always among the top percent of graduates. I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to send my son here. It's a great thing when teachers love your child and actually KNOW who you are.

Posted May 11, 2013
Unless you are very wealthy, STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE ! Not much of a "Christian" environment.

Posted November 02, 2012
Glorified daycare for "elite" kids. As others have noted, if you are not part of the "elite" clique of well-to-do parents, you and your child will be ostracized. Don't be fooled by their affiliation with the adjacent church; there are students who engage in less than Christ-like behavior and their bullying is ignored (even tolerated!) by the administration. One reviewer commented that the school is headed by a "soft-spoken, Christian man". My experience through the years has been the exact opposite. In fact, I agree with the review from July 11, 2012 - "poor supervision and weak leadership". Your child's education and wellbeing are too important than to subject him to the frustration of FBCS. If you do decide to tour this school, be very wary and try to look past the smiles and platitudes of the administration. Our experience has been that they don't really care about you or your child. Just your money.

Posted July 11, 2012
I cannot recommend this school. We had a very negative experience with First Baptist Church School, due to poor supervision of students and weak leadership.

Posted March 19, 2012
We started First Baptist in Pre-School and planned to move to a magnet school when my daughter was old enough but fell in love with this school! We are getting a great education, have made friends we will keep for a lifetime and my kids have been loved on for 10 years! It is such a loving environment and the small classroom sizes have made the attention my children get from their teachers something we could never get anywhere else. All in a Christian environment where they have learned to serve Christ and others daily.

Posted June 22, 2011
We were at this school for 8 years...the negative review from 2005 is still relevant today unfortunately. If you are not involved with the parent cliques that rule here, you and your children will be ostracized. So much happier now that we are gone!

Posted April 27, 2010
Have 1 child that has been there from K-3 to 1st grade and still loves it. My baby will start K-3 in August. We all love it and all of the teachers so far.

First Baptist Church School 0

Posted June 04, 2009
I have been a First Baptist Parent since 1992. My three children attended First Baptist since kindergarten (K5) and loved it. As a parent I loved the Christian atmosphere and excellent education and the small class sizes. My second child is Dyslexic and they have the resources to help at the school, which was wonderful. The teachers are wonderful and caring. My youngest child will graduate next year ending our time at First Baptist. It will be sad. We have been there through four headmasters. I read with interest the comment of the post of 1/16/05, we now have a fine soft spoken Christian headmaster who knows the children by name. He truly has the school's best interest at heart. FBCS is a wonderful school.

First Baptist Church School
533 Ockley Drive, Shreveport, LA  71106
Last modified First Baptist Church School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
First Baptist Church School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top