Shreveport, LA
Students enrolled: 1,056

Calvary Baptist Academy 1

Posted July 30, 2012
I attended Calvary Baptist Academy since I was in elementary school up until I was in the seventh grade. Initially, Calvary provided a service to me that I needed spiritually but not academically starting in the 5th grade. Each year, the academics and the quality of teacher seems to decrease. Most teachers were uncertified or teaching outside their specialty area. There was too much memorizing and very little critical thinking skills taught. Since there was so much memorizing, students could not retain or understand information correctly. Too much emphasis was placed on sports where more investment should have been made in technology and teacher salaries or training. Kids who played sports were favored over others. There is also a lot of drama. If you were not rich or played a sport, you do no fit in this environment. There was very little help from staff in the middle school when I attended. I would not recommend this school.

Calvary Baptist Academy 3

Posted November 08, 2011
There is no perfect school. Because there are no perfect people! Students are the same no matter what school they attend and just because they attend a Christian school does not meant that they automatically become Christians. But... I totally support Evangel and Calvary because the schools are lifting up the name of Jesus and hopefully they can reach thousands of students that come through their doors.

Posted February 05, 2011
I am extremely pleased with Calvary. My child has attended CBA the past two years. The curriculum is tough, but worth it. The Christian education is priceless. We drive an hour round trip so our kids can attend this excellent Christian school. We love the teachers and LOVE Mr. Kruithof - Superintendent. We look forward to many happy, blessed years at CBA.

Calvary Baptist Academy 4

Posted January 31, 2011
because i do not have enough information i cannot say how Calvary stacks up academically.but I will say that it has to be better than at least 90% of the public schools around here!

Posted February 28, 2009
Yes, it has become more diverse as a result of the football program. It needs to be more diverse. Kids need to know that there is more than one culture in the world and a person's race or culture does not make them bad.

Posted February 08, 2009
I attended CBA from K-4 until I graduated from High School. I am absolutely grateful that my parents sent me to such a wonderful school. Calvary prepared me not only for college level work, but also for life. The transition to college was difficult at times, and I credit my Christian background and the values I was taught at Calvary for keeping me on the right path. The academics at Calvary are great! I see some complaining about a lack of honors classes, but ALL of the classes we took were on par or better than honors classes at other local schools. With absolutely no studying at all I scored a 29 on the ACT the very first time I took it my Junior year. The environment at Calvary is amazing, the teachers actually care about the students, and are always willing to go the extra mile to help them succeed.

Posted January 04, 2009

Calvary Baptist Academy 1

Posted December 16, 2008

Posted December 16, 2008
The middle school and high school levels of Calvary are completely different from the elementary level of Calvary. The quality of teachers (not all teachers) goes down and my kids complain about teachers who do not teach over and over again in their grades. There are other problems within the higher grade levels as well. You won't fully appreciate this until your children start attending those upper classes.

Posted November 09, 2008
This is our first year at Calvary and have been pleased with the elementary so far. We left the best public school in this area due to the changing atmosphere after bussing began, large class size and discipline problems impeding good teachers ability to teach. The peaceful atmosphere at Calvary is welcomed and the christian principles taught are invaluable.

Calvary Baptist Academy
9333 Linwood Avenue, Shreveport, LA  71106
Last modified Calvary Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Calvary Baptist Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top