Shreveport, LA

Posted September 22, 2014
Everyone at Arthur Circle goes out of there way to help kids it is number one to my kids and I.I wish that they got a donation for a gym that is the only thing i can say GO COUGAR!!!!!!

Posted August 05, 2013
My son has been in Arthur Circle from Pre-K to 1st grade and we have loved it! Ms. Crank in Pre-K is an Amazing Teacher, one of the Best. The Principle is always available, very supportive of the kids, and seen at every event. We have had no major issues, and I would not consider another school for my child. We are very happy there, and he is super excited to start school. When a child cant wait to go back to their school, you know you've picked the right one. :)

Arthur Circle Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2013
Okay, we have a principal. Administrators: Please consider some steps that will help our school: 1. Have some extracurricular activities! I know the focus on learning is important, but activities can improve morale and increase families' investment in and support of the the school. Not all kids can make straight A's; let them celebrate other accomplishments! I can't believe that there's no one in the entire school willing to help with some type of activity; maybe someone would, if he/she had support from administrators and parents. If we can't have extracurriculars, at the very least, promote the activities in the community so that the kids at our school could participate together- SPAR, CABOSA, YMCA, Querbes Tennis, Scouts- talk to folks at other neighborhood schools in our area for ideas,or get on their websites! 2. Update and USE the website. This is 2013; let's make it functional and informative! 3. Invite us in on an oingoing basis, beyond the intiial paper that comes home the first week of school asking for room mothers, etc. I don't have much in the way of time or talent, but I'd be glad to help do something, if I felt that my participation was needed and wanted.

Posted July 10, 2013
The parents are eager to see who the next principal/leader will be. We are eager to get started working at Arthur Circle but there is no direction. The parents have not been contacted or asked about their input on the new leadership. We all are praying for a strong dedicated leader.

Posted June 17, 2013
AC was once a high performing neighborhood school. The current leadership has been poor at best. The parents want a new entire administrative team. Parents are eager to work but we don't feel welcome now. It takes parents to move the school in a positive direction. I am pleading to the Caddo School Board to bring in new leadership since the former principal has retired. We want to claim our wonderful school back so we can fully support our teachers. Please post comments and may be Caddo will listen to our plea and cries for help.

Arthur Circle Elementary School 3

Posted November 03, 2011
We have been at Arthur Circle since the 2003-2004 school year. With one glaring exception (all schools have those), my children's teachers have been at least acceptable to good, and several have been outstanding. Positive trends that I have observed: 1. The current principal is more approachable and visible around the school compared to the former principal; 2. Improved technology thanks to the PTA's efforts. Negative trends: 1. Decline of extracurriculars. For example, running club is no more. After the former coordinators took a well-earned break, it appears that no other faculty/staff would take it on. 4H? gone. Cheerleading: Do-it-yourself. School "teams" through local sports organizations? Can't get them to even distribute information. 2. Standarized test scores are the very highest priority; I can't even name a close second. 3. Fewer hands-on learning activities overall, especially in science (probably related to #2). 4. Increase in pot-stirring, griping parents (does not apply to all you wonderful ones), or maybe I'm just getting older and less tolerant.

Posted May 20, 2011
Not a good School. I have two kids that were "A" students befor they came to Auther Circle. The Teachers Do Not Care about their Students learnings and Progress! My kids are very detached from their teachers & school. Vey disappointed...

Posted April 18, 2011
This school has lost too much since the creation of magnets which caused busing of too many out-of-neighborhood children. The test scores and scores on all levels have gone down considerably because of this action. Do not even know the legality of such a move that lowes a first class school to such a level no one would want to send their child there unless they had to. Also devaluates the surrounding homes in the neighborhood because of the quality of schooling.

Posted March 21, 2011
It is very sad that the prinicipal let's the lunch lady run over him like that. I feel like if we had a good principal who would stand up to her and her cronies that this would be a better school. I wish I had a choice of another school, I complained last year and the office people have been mean to me ever since. My son is in tutoring because the teacher's won't help him learn, they just teach for the leap test.

Arthur Circle Elementary School 2

Posted March 18, 2011
This school is in its fourth year of declining test score numbers. The school administration is lackluster at best.The school has been on the decline for various reasons, primarily the lack of strong leadership on the part of the principal and the instructional coordinators. Parental involvement is at an all-time low due to the staff's ineffectual attitude. There are a few standout teachers in the school, but the prevalence of the aforementioned 'middle-school cliques' prevents them from making headway. The lunchroom monitor carouses about as if she is the vice principal. Our 4th and 3rd graders will not attend this school next year; we are moving OUT of this school attendance zone, so poor is the performance of this school. Follow the other posters' advice: buy a home within Riverside, University, or AC Steere district boundaries if you want a halfway decent education for your children and are concerned for their safety and upbringing.

Arthur Circle Elementary School
261 Arthur Avenue, Shreveport, LA  71105
Last modified Arthur Circle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arthur Circle Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top