Bad
Good

Broadmoor is a terrible school run by terrible administrators. Their do-nothing policy has only made the kids realize that they can literally do anything they want without fear of repercussion. I would never send my child back and would not recommend anyone who loves their child to send them to Broadmoor.

Great school!!! Broadmoor is the place to be, They thave the best teachers by far than other any middle school in caddo, Parents make the right chice send your childto BMLS.

My daughter has really developed into an independent, educated, and talented 8th grader here. I enjoy the close relationships I have formed with all of her teachers as well as other staff. They really know each child individually. There isn't anything the teachers won't do to make sure your child succeeds. Just take a look at their test scores! Awesome choice if you're looking for a great middle school where our child can be more than just a face.

I think that BMLS is a fantastic school with amazing teachers that not only teach and help the students learn a lot, but also connect with the students personally! I highly recommend that you send your child to this school because your child will learn plenty of useful things!

The 8th grade teachers are amazing at preparing my child for LEAP and for high school! I have never seen such intensity and confidence in my child. They ALL know their content, and they ALL will do anything to help my daughter succeed!

Sure, Broadmoor needs a remodeling, but it's not like money grows on trees. Have you ever heard that saying, if you work for something you will succeed. That is why we are trying our hardest to improve our campus. That is why I believe Broadmoor is the right way to go, at first when I attended Broadmoor i wasn't so certain I would miss this school one bit. Now, I think it improved so much. Many great teachers making us go above and beyond. You learn so much from Broadmoor, I highly think we don't deserve a 3 out of 10. I feel like we can do so much better.

GROWING, IMPROVING, GETTING NOTICED!! Get on board and be a part of it! We are getting positive media attention, State Senators and other "big wigs" are coming to our campus to see how we are doing it! We are now an option instead of a have-to school! Come see what we are all about!

My daughter began her school career with an enthusiastic attitude but it quickly soured and she turned into one of those children bored with the entire institution of structured learning and only participated as a means of spending time with her friends. Since she began attending Broadmoor Middle Lab, she has bounced out of bed every morning and is ready to go on time instead of me having to give her warnings as to how much time we have remaining before we have to be out the door. She raves about the teaching styles each of her new instructors use and about what new things she is learning every day. She can't wait to participate in classroom activities or even after school activities (she is currently trying out for the softball team), she wants to be a part of this school in every way possible because this school seems to be giving her the educational nourishment she has been seeking all of these years. As a parent, I feel terrible for not seeking out such a place for her sooner but I cannot express my excitement and sense of pride at seeing her so happy and engaged. For my daughter, this school seems to be an absolutely perfect fit!

Based on my experiences at Broadmoor, I can say that this is one of the most horrendous schools in the parish, let alone the state. When you look at the school itself, you can tell that it's old, filthy, and used up. It has this unpleasant, morose atmosphere. As for discipline, it's absent. They say that there are twelve fights reported, but there's more than that. Sometimes there are five fights a week. It's like pulling teeth to get the disciplinarian to handle a student. Even then, they do very little to keep the school safe or enforce any sort of rules. I'll say this: there are some good teachers at Broadmoor. However, they are squandering their talents at that school. Most teachers are just there to collect a paycheck and enjoy benefits. The quality of education is poor. I haven't learned anything about geology in my Earth Science class; we've only covered two units in three grading periods. The students are uninterested in learning and bettering themselves. They are incredibly hostile and confrontational for no reason. I'd never recommend anyone's child to come to Broadmoor, because that would be doing a disservice to that child.

This school is great because it allow the students to excel hands on academically. they don't give a lot of homework, though. Which could be a good thing if you're able to help your child in areas of weakness via contact with teachers when there is a potential problem.

Last modified Broadmoor Middle Laboratory School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.