Shreveport, LA
Students enrolled: 2,306

Posted March 11, 2014
I'm a junior here at the hive and I can honestly say I'm glad I didn't go to a different school. This school is amazing and fun. We have amazing school spirit that other schools, parents, and students notice. The teachers are very nice and understanding with the exception of one or two. But that's every school. There are cliques but they don't only socialize with their group of friends, they talk to everyone. My first day of freshman year, the top jackets were extremely helpful in helping me get to class. The school is humongous and all of shreveport knows our name. It feels great to be apart of an awesome school like C.E.Byrd.

C.E. Byrd High School 1

Posted March 02, 2014
I've been at Byrd for about three months and I absolutely hate it. Most of the office staff are unnecessarily rude and they act like adult bullies. The building is ninety years old and you can't go one day without smelling mold or seeing a roach. On Friday I saw an actual rat. Some students fight regularly and others just don't care about school and come without even a pencil. Some teachers are literally just there for a paycheck or to find something wrong with you so that you can get a detention. The magnet program is... Better but even some of the students there don't care at all.

Posted July 30, 2013
It's really a great school! I'm a student by the way. Yeah cliques are pretty well acknowledged at our school but there is a perfect clique for everyone! And I don't agree with the idea that the administration treats the 'great' athletes with more respect or that they have more perks because of their athletic abilities. That's nonsense. I'm on the freaking bowling team and I'm treated as well as the captain of the football team. The teachers are not biased in that department whatsoever. The teachers are very focused on the academic success of their students and I truly believe they wish the best of us in every way. There are clubs that meet nearly everyone's interests, from nature club to chess club! I have to say my favorite part about Byrd is simply the school pride. There isn't another school for miles that can compare to our school pride and the other schools will agree. It's simply amazing.

Posted April 18, 2012
I'm the parent of a child at this school and was wondering if anyone has had trouble with any of the office staff. I have nothing but praise for most everyone at the school, from teachers to custodians but I wonder if anyone gets a glimpse of the attitude problem of a few of the office staff as I do.

C.E. Byrd High School 3

Posted November 10, 2011
Academics: Great Athletics: Great Arts: Okay. Extracurriculars: Wide variety. Classes: Wide variety. People: Depends. Byrd is a great high school, however, if you are in anyway different from everyone else at that school. You are not accepted. The school is very snobby, the school has many cliques and many rich people who focus on image and material possessions more than anything. People there are very judgmental. The athletic people are favored by the principal, the teachers, the students, etc. The artistic people are given a pat on the back. The richer you are, and nicer you dress, the more friends you will have. If you're a highstepper or football player, you are greatly favored. Not to point fingers, but a few of the highsteppers are completely inconsiderate of others. They think we should treat them like gods, it is ridiculous. If I could get along with some of the people there, I would not be transferring. However, the school feels like a social contest, and it is terrible. If you are interested in the arts, want lots of classes, don't particularly care for most sports, and dislike cliques, I suggest you should go to CMH.

Posted August 02, 2011
This school has a ton of excellent academic background and a great many years of hard work and success by students. Byrd has the most successful students coming out of it than the other schools in Shreveport. It focuses on medical sciences and math and gives a great high school experience to the students. Many generations of my family has attended C.E. Byrd and it has an amazing amount of tradition in Shreveport.

Posted June 28, 2011
C.E. Byrd has given me a great sense of High School and a great many friends. Having the best teachers is a great thing too. I hope my little brother has the same experience that i have had

Posted January 09, 2011
C.E. Byrd has changed my life. I'm a student there at the City (Which we commonly call it because it is the biggest high school in North Louisiana) and I love it. It makes me so proud to see a "Jacket Pride City Wide" bumper sticker on a car. It makes my day when someone talks about the C.E. Byrd Yellow Jackets. We are the best. That may sound really conceited, but the teachers build us to believe that we can do anything. And we can. Byrd is VERY traditional. Pride, tradition and spirit is our motto. We inspire pride in every student. As a magnet student, I'm very prepared for college. I received a 34 on my ACT. This school is the most balanced in Shreveport because not only do we have more magnet students and better test scores than the so called "best" high school Caddo Parish Magnet High School, we have AWESOME athletics. Including Football, Lacrosse (boys and girls), Soccer (boys and girls), Baseball, Softball, Basketball (boys and girls), Three cheerleading teams, and an award winning danceline. And since Byrd is so big, there is something for EVERYONE. With over 80 clubs, C.E. Byrd has a place where every student can fit in. C.E. Byrdddddd!

Posted May 08, 2010

C.E. Byrd High School 2

Posted March 06, 2010
The administration at this school focuses on mainly the 'great' athletes, and gives them the most attention. I feel there are 'favorites' at this school, and not everyone is treated the same. I don't feel as important. Most of the teachers are great, and the school offers a lot of classes. That is the only thing I really like about this school. There are a lot of snobby people at Byrd too. I wish everyone was treated the same.

C.E. Byrd High School
3201 Line Avenue, Shreveport, LA  71104
Last modified C.E. Byrd High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C.E. Byrd High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top