Bad
Good

Creswell Elementary School 5

Posted August 16, 2011
Creswell elementary is a great school. The staff and students are very respectful and helpful, my daughter and cousins love the school.

Creswell Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2010
The school promotes cutural diversity and has great teachers.

Posted October 15, 2008
I also have 3 kids in creswell. The thing that gets to me is how the office staff is so unfriendlly. One would think after 2 years you would have noticed that I have 3 kids. they still don't get it.They are also very good at changeing their story. Bad school.

Posted October 06, 2008
New Year - New Review - unfortunately, my marks will not go up. This school has yet to improve their moral amongst teachers / aides. Its pretty bad when you hear kindergarten teachers saying they can't stand their students or first grade teachers saying they can't wait to get out of this school. I'm glad we have a new principal - but i myself am counting down the days until we move out of this town and get away from that school. We had many problems with the teachers there last year and yet somehow over the summer I was able to get my daughter to learn basic reading and word recoginition. Unfortunately, this is not what they are focusing on right now, so when she tries to show her teacher that she can read, she gets in trouble for interrupting the alphabet lessons. - i suppose that's understandable?

Posted August 16, 2008
This is not a good school. The staff from office, teachers, security, to lunch room staff is just plain redicilous. They are so unbearable that I am selling my home and relocating just to escape them. And you can voice your complaints to the school board all you want. Those complaints just fall on deaf ears. You can go and talk to any parent or child at this school and 99% is totally unhappy with this school..

Posted April 01, 2008
I read a previous review about a 3 year old child who was 'dumbed down' after coming to Creswell. Where is the parental involvement? Were you reinforcing what the child had previously learned. The child should be four now, children typically retain knowing their letters and numbers once they learn them. It is not always the school, I have a child in preschool at this school, and she has learned so much this year. It would be interesting to know why this child was taken out of 'private' school. I'm sure it's more to this story. I applaud the teachers for a job well done, especially when there is a lack of parental involvement.

Posted March 31, 2008
My child attends Creswell's ECE program this year. I think that her teacher has really prepared her for kindergarten. I had my daughter tested for magnet school and her score is in the 90th percentile. She will be attending Eden Gardens Magnet next year. I sent her teacher a thank you card for really helping my child learn her letters, shapes, numbers, etc. I think both the ECE teachers are doing a good job and I would recommend other parents to send their child ECE THERE.

Creswell Elementary School 5

Posted March 24, 2007
Creswell is a wonderful place for my grandchildren. I have had a lot of problems from other schools that they were in. Now their grades are up and they have not been suspended at all this year. I am very pleased with CRESWELL. Thank you for all of your help and support Mrs. Hubbard.

Posted March 28, 2006
Creswell is a beautiful school on the outside, but the first time that I ever entered the doors of this school, my heart sank. There was no sense of discipline or order. The children were extremely loud and some were running. The dress code (which is uniforms) was not enforced or how to wear them for that matter. My daughter and I had moved from another state and we sit outside the office on a bench with eyes like saucers watching all of this. I got my first impression and it was horrifying. It was a horrible school year for my child. The area is very nice, sad to say the schools aren't.

Creswell Elementary School 3

Posted February 14, 2005
I think this school needs to work on their staff-student relationships. The office staff and teachers are supposed to act better than the students, not the other way around. I have had 2 students in this school ranging from ECE to 4th grade. So far the ECE teachers are the only ones in this school that know what they are doing and have the knowledge of how to react with their students. About 95% of this school should not be employed to work with children of any age.

2901 Creswell Avenue, Shreveport, LA  71104
Last modified Creswell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.