Bad
Good

Parent involvement is a joke. The students are disrespectful and wanna be thugs. I understand that the community around this school is poor, but shouldn't you want better for your kids? Shouldn't you want to get out of the neighborhood? The teachers can't handle their classes because of all the rules in place . This school needs to be taken over and handled military style. Act up, and you get punished, none of this time out stuff. The teachers aren't miracle workers. If parents can't teach respect at home, then there is no hope for the teachers being able to teach them anything.

This school makes Detroit school's look like 5 star schools. You have teachers swearing at students, uniforms are a must but they cover them up and look like dealers, no one has control over the kids, and those that want to learn can't because of the other students. My favorite is the teachers texting and playing on their phones.

This is a good school. There are tremendous changes going on! Good things! The school has a bad reputation of student behavior. I did see this when I first came to this school, but by the end of the year I saw good changes. Things are looking up for FPH!

I GRADUATED FROM FAIR PARK BACK IN 1994, AND I HAVE A DAUGTER ENROLLED THERE NOW, I STATED THIS TO SAY WHEN I WALKED INTO FAIR PARK IT DID NOT EVEN LOOK LIKE THE SCHOOL I HAD GRADUATED FROM. SCHOOL PRIDE IS NO LONGER THERE,DISCIPLINE IS OUT THE WINDOW AND CARING TEACHERS ARE VERY FEW IN NUMBERS. I WANTED TO SCEAM WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!! NOW THEY ARE NOT EVEN ALOUD TO BRING BOOKS HOME SO HOW IN THE WORLD ARE THE KIDS SUPPOSE TO STUDY AND HOW ARE THE PARENTS SUPPOSE TO PICTH IN WITH THEIR STUDIES. WHEN I WENT TO THE SCHOOL BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER HAD A PROBLEM BECAUSE WITH THE LOCK OUT THING THEY NOW DO. I WENT TO THE SCHOOL THE VERY NEXT DAY TO EXCUSE HER BECUSE WE WERE RUNNING LATE THAT DAY THE FIRST THING THE SO- CALLED ASSISANT PRINCIPAL DIDI WAS PULL UP HER DISCIPLINARY REPORT I KNOW THAT ALREADY SHE HAS NEVER GOTTEN INTO ANY TROUBLE THROUGH OUT HER SCHOOL CAREER. FIRST OF ALL I SAT IN THE OFFICE AN HOUR AND A HALF BEFORE HE EVEN RESPONDED TO THE FACT I WAS THERE TO SEE HIM AND THEN HE WAS NO HELP AT ALL. WHEN THE JOB BELONGED TO MR. COOPER IT WAS A DIFFERENT BALL GAME. PARENTS WE NEED TO BUKLE DOWN AND DO SOMETHING OUR KIDS LIVES DEPEND ON IT.

Fair Park is one of the worst school in the nation that I have had the opportunity to be around and view for myself. The main problem is the administrative assistant, Kaylan Washington, who is not good for students at all. He support and take up for the students when they are wrong. He creates problems for the teachers, and he disrespects the teachers in front of the students. The principal, Jerry Davis, only supports Kaylan Washington because they are long time friends. Kaylan Washing can not discipline the students because he is a long time acoholic that is often seen by the students in the boot legger house. Jerry Davis has absolutely no discipline. He ran Huntington High School down to the lowest academics possible. Now he is given the opportunity to do the same to Fair Park High School. They are not working for the best interest of the students.

Well since I have had the pleasure to vist this school a lot. I think the staff is doing a very good job. And its been a good school for my two sons to attend.

I attended Fair Park going on four years now. I believe that Fair Park is a good school. I know everyone thinking Fair Park is a bad school but, it not. The kids can make the school look bad how they act. Some Fair Park students graduated top of the class the pass year, Fair Park came a long way then they was before. We have the best basketball and band in the state better then the other high schools. We have good programs for all grades to prepare for college. The teachers show me leadership and quality. I am president of student council about 4yrs,National Honor Society about 3yrs.and top of my class. People can't judge us about our test scores .Teachers try their best to help them the best they can but, students have to try and learn too. mm, student

I attended Fair Park High School and while I was there, I saw that the teachers really do care about the students. They help as much as they can and they help us prepare for the real world. This is a great school to be at especially if you are struggling because the teachers help you learn the academics.

I'm am an student at Fairpark and I have to say this is an great school to be at. All the teachers I have had here do there best to make sure we become something good in life. And because I also play in the band it helps more people see what good is coming from Fair Park. In May of 2007 this will be may last year of high school. And I can say Fair Park has help me a lot.

Last modified Fair Park College Prep High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.