Southern Hills Elementary School 3

Posted September 03, 2014
Our family has seen 4 generations go through Southern Hills and now I have my daughters enrolled in their 4th year here. Over the past 2 years up to the present there has been a more concentrated shift into the "numbers".. ie.. high number of bussed students from failing schools and the emphasis to test test test. I wished they would focus more on sciences my daughter had 3 science assignments all year last year. I was specifically told by her teacher in a conference that it's "just not important as its not on the I leap and leap tests". This disheartened me. But over all it is a great school as far as extracurricular sctivities, electives and anti bullying goes. Decent parental involvement. Can tell with the 2014-2015 year that there has been an increase in a certain type of parent and children who are a bit "rough" around the edges and rude.

Posted August 12, 2014
After I notice the last rate was negative, I must say every voice should matter, if there are any improvements in these subject matters, this school could change to be better prepared for the school year. As citizens we should help the school board fight for better transportation, my kids are new to the school, looking forward to a good school year!

Posted August 04, 2014
My family and I were from New Orleans. We moved here in Shreveport last year 2013.My seven year son went to Southern Hill Elementary for his kindergarten year,And he loved it. Everyone in there was nice & professional.

Posted December 29, 2013
I am a teacher at this school, and I love my job. The faculty is a family and we are proud of our school and truly care about our students.

Posted December 03, 2013
I work here, and I can say that this is a great school! The administration, faculty, and staff all share a love for children. We are excited about watching children grow and become who they were made to be. We not only teach academics but values, as well.

Southern Hills Elementary School 4

Posted April 08, 2012
hi,my name is gene poitras.i have a grandson ,michael leone who attends southerhill ele .he has some of the best teachers and a principle and vice-principle who really care about the students.my grandson is huge for his age and gets a picked on quite a lot.but,the teachers and higher staff have put a stop to that bullying is a great problem in public schools i know im a juvanile officer.but at least at southerhills they try to stop it.children can be very cruel,but its up to the teachers and staff to stop it and souther hills tries their best .if u have a child that is being bullied send them to souther hill ele

Posted October 25, 2009
I am a parent of a 14-year old 5th grader that attends Southern Hills.I am pleased to say that Southern Hills is the best public elementary school in Shreveport, behind Forest Hill Elementary.It should be a 5-star public school and the academics should be top of the line!

Posted July 17, 2009

Southern Hills Elementary School 0

Posted March 12, 2009
My son goes to this school and I must say he has a GREAT teacher! She lets my husband and I know daily how he is doing and what he needs to work on. We need more teachers that take that kind of pride in their teaching.

Posted July 19, 2005
My child attend this school last year for the first time and he really enjoyed being there.The teachers and staff are very helpful. This is a great school. He will go here until he leave the 5th grade.

Southern Hills Elementary School
9075 Kingston Road, Shreveport, LA  71118
(318) 686-1974
Last modified Southern Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southern Hills Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top