Shreveport, LA
Students enrolled: 1,280

Posted August 25, 2014
This the worst school!!! The principal and staff only care about sports not the students. Wish this school wasn't in my district. This school needs a better principal and staff.

Posted August 12, 2014
If u enjoy waiting for a schedual you already signed up for wait for 7 hours !!! This school is all about waiting!!

Southwood High School 4

Posted May 21, 2014
I graduated from Southwood in 2001. I have a daughter who is currently a freshman there. I just wanted to point out that, while some of the students' reviews below are embarrassing with grammatical errors (please, proof-read and spell check when writing a positive review for your SCHOOL), I received a quality education at SHS. That was several years ago and a lot has changed, but the new principal has them on the right track. My daughter has had a good experience so far, and I'm proud that she's attending my alma mater.

Posted July 31, 2013
This school had did a change around my first year was fun in i enjoy it techers at the school are good at what they do best sports are getting back like football this year we going to the playoffs their are some fights but not a lot if u think this is not a bad school if cause you get kick out if you fight no unfroms now so is a good school to go to

Posted July 19, 2013
I am now a senior at Southwood highschool. Being a freshman at Southwood highschool was not the best experience for me. The students were very disrespectful, and the teachers got ran over. When the school switched to the new principal, Mr.Roberts, everything changed. Southwood now gives you a quality education, which is very good, and a very big improvement. I am not the smartest, but Southwood has helped shaped me into who I am today, a well-educated aspiring neonatal nurse. My friends always compliment my knowledge, and they also compliment my writing, and my widespread vocabulary, which I would also like to thank Walnut Hill Elementary Middle School for. I'm proud to be a cowboy, and I love to tell people, that this year, IM A GRADUATED SOUTHWOOD STUDENT AND IM PRPUD!

Southwood High School 2

Posted September 27, 2010
Im am a student at southwood highschool im a freshman so that means this is my first year here and i have to say i love the classes but the students just usually run over the teachers and speak to them as if they were children. i was suppose to ateend byrd and i still want to. the kids are to into there own clicks and arnt into making new friends. the staff are very nice and i have to admit when i first started the school with the new principal i thought he was a bit strict but then again what i heard from the upper classman we need strict at shs the principals are very nice people but i would not send a child there because of the influence of the kids!

Southwood High School 3

Posted June 24, 2010
Teacher quality was wildly variable; some were superb, but some were barely literate. Some rules didn't make a great deal of sense, like forcing students to leave the building immediately after their last class, rather than studying in the library. This school was essentially adequate, but could be much better if you had the right teachers.

Southwood High School 3

Posted October 06, 2008
I am a 2008 graduate from southwood and i must say that it is a good school depending on what you make of it. My freshman year i went to Byrd and hated it and once I came to Southwood everything changed. Yes there are fights and problems as every school has but I am proud to say I went there. Upon me graduating I saw many changes and improvements with the school. EVERY school always has problems but this school is definitely improving!!

Posted October 02, 2008
Many changes have taken place at Southwood High School. A 9th grade academy, a new assistant principal, Mr. Jeff Roberts and uniforms are few to mention. The staff along with the administration are working very hard to improve the quality of education for each student. Ihave a daughter that is a junior at Southwood and I can see the changes that have taken place. Southwood is a great school to attend and it offers a wide varity of after school activities along with many clubs.

Posted August 19, 2008
I went to southwood for one year and let me tell you i hated everything about this school. This school has no school spirit! i didn't learn anything useful. All we ever did in that school was so word searches and color sheets it was like kindergarten. The teachers are crazy and they don't know how to teach! i could not wait to leave that school. I would never recommend this school to anyone!there were fights everyday! and maze would be sprayed all over the place. Also i recall missing 3 days straight because there we're bomb threats! it was horrible! after southwood i went on to byrd and graduated and thank god i did because byrd was by far the best school both in academics and in school spirit i loved it and i'm glad i got out of southwood.

Southwood High School
9000 Walker Road, Shreveport, LA  71118
Last modified Southwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwood High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top