Shreveport, LA

Posted August 28, 2013
both my kids go to this school and it is wonderful the teachers are great and make learning fun. they do have a lot of special needs children and i think this is what make their test averages go down. as a reassurance measure, i had my daughter tested for magnet school entry and she passed with flying colors. this school is great

E.B. Williams Stoner Hill Elementary Lab School 3

Posted July 19, 2012
my two children went there and they had a good experience. the teachers were very caring and the school was clean. educationally, it was on the same par as any other public school i have examined. i think some of these schools get a bad rap, mostly because of the test scores. the day to day of the school itself might be a whole different thing. a lot of the children were difficult to teach, from what i was told because of the massive amounts of time spent on discipline- or lack thereof...the parents need to be more involved with their children, but that is a national problem, not limited to just this school, or a certain race, it may be a class issue. i dont know, but stoner hill was not a terrible school.

E.B. Williams Stoner Hill Elementary Lab School 1

Posted March 04, 2011
I don't honestly know how it is now, and I hear a lot has changed, but I would never want my child to go there. I went to school there for K-5 from 1994-2000 (yes a long time ago) but Ihated it there. I was taunted by all the other students incessantly and the teachers were quick to do nothing. The principal at the time was also quick to jump to the fact that "the smart white girl" would be the only one who'd ever do anything wrong, and YES that was a direct quote. I was never a trouble maker, never got a referral or detention, always had straight A's, but I was highly discriminated against and grew to hate school because I was always made fun of and even beat up a few times. I also went to Caddo Parish MiddIe Magnet and my first year there I was 2 years behind everyone else educationally, after being top of my class and even student of the year at Stoner Hill. I certainly hope this school has, indeed changed, but I would still never send my child there.

Posted September 15, 2009

Posted July 21, 2008

Posted October 07, 2003
My son Javier went to school for one full year and a few months. I being a very involved parent spent alot of volunteer hours at the school. In my time there I found that the teachers are excelent! They spend alot of time teaching and caring for each student. My only regret is that we couldn't stay in that humid state, being from the northwest I find the school system to be very different. I hope parents can benifit from our experience and will choose this school. Thank You.

E.B. Williams Stoner Hill Elementary Lab School
2127 C E Galloway Boulevard, Shreveport, LA  71104
Last modified E.B. Williams Stoner Hill Elementary Lab School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
E.B. Williams Stoner Hill Elementary Lab School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top