Bad
Good

both my kids go to this school and it is wonderful the teachers are great and make learning fun. they do have a lot of special needs children and i think this is what make their test averages go down. as a reassurance measure, i had my daughter tested for magnet school entry and she passed with flying colors. this school is great

my two children went there and they had a good experience. the teachers were very caring and the school was clean. educationally, it was on the same par as any other public school i have examined. i think some of these schools get a bad rap, mostly because of the test scores. the day to day of the school itself might be a whole different thing. a lot of the children were difficult to teach, from what i was told because of the massive amounts of time spent on discipline- or lack thereof...the parents need to be more involved with their children, but that is a national problem, not limited to just this school, or a certain race, it may be a class issue. i dont know, but stoner hill was not a terrible school.

I don't honestly know how it is now, and I hear a lot has changed, but I would never want my child to go there. I went to school there for K-5 from 1994-2000 (yes a long time ago) but Ihated it there. I was taunted by all the other students incessantly and the teachers were quick to do nothing. The principal at the time was also quick to jump to the fact that "the smart white girl" would be the only one who'd ever do anything wrong, and YES that was a direct quote. I was never a trouble maker, never got a referral or detention, always had straight A's, but I was highly discriminated against and grew to hate school because I was always made fun of and even beat up a few times. I also went to Caddo Parish MiddIe Magnet and my first year there I was 2 years behind everyone else educationally, after being top of my class and even student of the year at Stoner Hill. I certainly hope this school has, indeed changed, but I would still never send my child there.

Last modified E.B. Williams Stoner Hill Elementary Lab School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.